British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remorse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Behaviour Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KissCass

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Remorse Reply with quote

I was chatting with a fellow dog walker yesterday, who mentioned that her dog is always very sorry when it's told off. It occurred to me that Alfie has the sensitivity if a brick outhouse, it doesn't matter what I do, he's just ....well Alfie. He always behaves as if he's completely oblivious to what we say to him. Cass is more sensitive but when she's told off she runs away, smiles and wags her tail. Is this a dally thing? I do believe I could skin Alfie alive and he wouldn't notice!!!!!!
Ann99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing I think Flekk is the same as Alfie Laughing I could have cheerfully *lost* him in the woods this morning and left him there, he was behaving so badly, taking absolutely no notice of me at all. I'd almost swear he was deaf, if it weren't for the fact that he can hear the treat bag rustle from 100yds away (and he's been BAER tested Wink Smile )

Telling him off is just water off a duck's back. Like Cassie, he runs away and wags his tail - I think he thinks it's a game Confused .

We're hoping he'll get better once he gets older. Finn used to be much more contrite when he was told off (or perhaps we're just remembering him that way, in comparison to Flekk!)
Maggi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caper ran off in the park during dog training this morning (oh the shame and humiliation Embarassed Embarassed) When other prople's dogs behave like that they shout and their dog slinkls back looking ashamed. Mine ran cheerfully round in rings wagging his tail and I eventually had to go and get him from the other side of the park where he was paying court to a lovely lady bullmastiff! When I dragged him back and tild him off I swear he would have stuck 2 fingers up if he had fingers!! Even worse he makes people laugh when he is naughty and just makes me look foolish - so no I don't think he cares. And David says Orla (Caper's niece) is worse. However Rocco is much more sensitive and does look very crestfallen if he is told off. Generally speaking I think dalmatians believe that the world loves thelm and will forgive them anything!
spottydogs3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is Maggi we do forgive them and they know it!! They wouldn't be dalmatians without their 'special' character and thats we love them for it (even if sometimes you wish the ground would swallow you up) Laughing

Heather
Louis & Sophie
Tim Lockett

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours do, do as they are told, and do recall really well under every circumstance we have come across so far, but when told off for theiving or fighting in the house, they are great sulkers, giving you such dirty looks.

Louis had my cheese on toast off the island top the other day, I caught him in the act, after chasing him round the said island as he was desperately trying to stuff the remainder down his throat, I sent him to his bed, with a "Bad Boy Louis". The look he then gave me, you would have sworn it was me who made him do the thieving. Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Behaviour Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: