British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Castres International show

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalregis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Castres International show Reply with quote

I was delighted to be given the opportunity of judging Dalmatians in France last weekend.
Despite some initial hiccups ( parking ) I found we had been allocated a large ring - 4 times the size of adjacent bobtail ring!.
I have written a more detailed description on the show section of this site.

I stayed with Maggi and Mike de Rosario (Jemblewood Dalmatians) - plus Rupert and Kiri ( their 2 Dalmatians) at their delightful " chambre d'hote" in Lagupie. The hospitality of Mike and Maggi, also Sally and John Clegg ensured that I was given a real insight into this beautiful part of France.
During my short stay we visited a local vinyard( with the obligatory tastings!), the beautiful city of Albi reknowned for its rose- coloured cathederal and Toulouse-le-Trec. I also spent a morning climbing up to the top of Cordes-en-Ciel which is a medieval town clinging to a hillside.

Food and wine played a prominent part during my stay. I seemed to be invited to meals every day.
I could recommend a visit to South-West France and try to take in a dog show - great atmosphere, friendly exhibitors and so relaxed.
Thank you to all the exhibitors who took my comments in a sporting way.
I discovered later that quite a few of my winners carried English blood lines and I felt that they could easily hold their own wherever they go. Distances are huge so dog showing is a real commitment in France.
Pat Wilson
Ribblehill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: International Showing Reply with quote

Wow Pat,
that's the life style for me...good food, good wines, GOOD weather and best of all good quality Dalmatians Wink

I have often thought of showing overseas but am not sure of the procedure or entry criteria Exclamation The furthest i have got is Ireland and can highly recommend the Irish Circuit Razz

Maybe yourself or an overseas forum member can share their knowledge with us all Question

Ribblehill, dalmatianists do it faster (run that is!)
saclegg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Castres International Show Reply with quote

There will be another international show at Castres on November 18th 2006 and Chris Pickup will be the judge, but if you can't wait until then(!) go to the FCI site : www.f.c.i.be where you will find a calendar for all the 2006 European continental shows listed under the individual countries.There are fewer classes under FCI rules and you can only enter one class per dog. This site is in several languages. The UK Kennel Club site is also helpful with regard to the Pet Passport requirements and the ports to and from which you must travel. Another site which gives the FCI standard and the European Cooperation of Dalmatian Club's comments on it, is www.ecdc.org This site is in 3 languages. Finally, DEFRA has an enormous amount of info on travelling abroad with your dog. It is possible to enter a show on line, but I only know the French web-site address for this. www.cedia.fr Hope all this whets your appetite! e-mail me if you have any specific difficulties.
Sally.
Ribblehill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Overseas Showing Reply with quote

Thanks Sally

I have so much info to go through, now have to take time to inwardly digest it all!!!!

Ribblehill, dalmatianists do it faster (run that is!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Europe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: