British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Castres Show - France - Critique

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Pickup

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Castres Show - France - Critique Reply with quote

I judged the at the Association Canine du Tarn on Sunday November 19th in Castres. It was a privilege and a pleasure to judge the dogs. My Best of Breed and winner of the CACIB and CAC was the eighteen month old All My Love De La Tour Bastide, a most feminine example of the breed with the most appealing head and expression. Well constructed and in good condition she moved well across the ring and took my eye. My Best Dog was Ultra Smart de la Tour de la Bastide. A fine upstanding masculine example of the breed, now nearly three years old, he has good bone and in excellent condition. He is capable of movement with good drive from the rear. I was very pleased with my principle winners whom I later learned are full brother and sister. There were some other equally attractive dogs present but on this occasion, these two demanded and received my full attention and gained top honours
There is quite a range of types within those dogs shown and the best general points I found overall are good pigmentation and spotting colour especially in the livers, some very good feet and rear angulation and tail sets. The less attractive features included light eyes, some dogs who were too short or too long in the loin and some upright fronts and some straight stifles. There were some who had too much weight over the withers and this can spoil the dogs outline and appearance.
As all the exhibitors present know, the ring was too small and this made assessing movement difficult. The reason I asked you all to move your dogs so many times, was to assess as properly as I could, your Dalmatians’ movement. I was not trying to over exert you!
You have all received my critiques of your dogs, but there are some little things that I think some people could do to enhance their dogs chances of being better placed. Please try and make sure that your dog is in sparkling condition, weight correct - not too fat or thin, not flabby or over muscled and that their coat is in good condition. Nails should be regularly trimmed ( back and front feet please) and teeth kept clean. Please make sure that your dogs meet many other people and other dogs and that they are not too timid, it spoils their appearance. Please practice at standing your dogs so that they show their best attributes and that their tails are wagging which helps to show that they are happy to be working with you
Chris Pickup[
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Europe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: