British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling all Dally Owners in the South West!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> South West & Channel Islands
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g3mee1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Calling all Dally Owners in the South West! Reply with quote

Hello there! I'm based in Somerset, just wondering if there is anyone local to me? Very Happy
Lucadal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi g3mee1

Just to let you know there are a few others around this area, we are based in North Somerset.

We have owned dogs all our lives and Dalmatians for the last 14 years. Our latest boy is the first dog we have had a go at showing with, he is having great fun Very Happy Laughing !
g3mee1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! good to know there are some Dally fans in Somerset ;-) do you show your dogs locally?

Cooper will be 3 in March, he is my first Dalmatian, I am hoping to be introducing another Dally in the summer as we have not long lost our old Labrador, so I will have double trouble then!
Ressa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i am based in West Dorset so not all that far. Kia is my second dally and she is now 10months old, we had planned to show her but it looks like she maybe too spotty lol. We are training for obediance shows though and she is doing really well and enjoying it. Im pregnant at the moment so cant do agility yet but we are hoping to start in september.
pippy_pipster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There,

Myself, partner and 2 new pups are also in the South West. Would be interested in any shows, groups walks/plays etc. When they have had their jabs tho..

Thanks
Lisa
sue humphries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:25 pm    Post subject: In somerset Reply with quote

Hello, i am nr wells ,somerset and have a 7 mth old lou lou.
I'm new to this!!
Didn't know anything much about dalmations,apart from them being really energetic! but with 2 young kids and a jogging hubby seemed like a great match-BUT why whenever I've told anybody what dog I've got have they laughed??
Lou lou has just stopped biting my hands(thank god!) and is a sweetie.
training isn't that easy and we do have bad days..
so help cheer me up with all the great things that they do1
sue x
dogtired

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: sue Reply with quote

Sue Hello,
Well let me put it this way....You can listen to people who do have Dalmatians, OR, you can listen to the knowledgable (?) people who do not Wink

We all laugh about the remarks we get about our dogs. Look at the following link to get an idea Rolling Eyes Razz
http://www.britishdalmatianclub.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14748&highlight=#14748
My own personal favourite retort is "intelligent Dogs need intelligent owners" Laughing
Dalmatians are as trainable as any other dog and easier than some. They just have to be shown they want to do as they are asked.
Read all the posts on The Things They Do, and you will realise why we are all as dotty as our spots.

Welcome to The Forum,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> South West & Channel Islands All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: