British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELLO I HAVE JUST JOINED
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigerlily

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sweetveronica and Pauline
Sorry to hear about sadie, I have heard a lot of things about dally health problems so i worry about Coco all the time, sometimes i wonder how i would cope if anything happened to her i have only had her 5 months but she is a huge part of my life already, she makes me laugh all the time and she gets me out of the house before i had her i only went out to do shopping but now i have met lots of new people and enjoy a good walk in the old golf course by me (its not used anymors) so i can understand what you must be going through with Sadie
Pauline

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweetveronica / Tigerlily
Thanks for your kind words, a couple of weeks ago I could'nt even talk about it, I just would'nt accept that it was happening to her. But with joining this site and everybody being so kind I seem to have gathered strength.
Anyway, she is having a good day so far.
so fingers x.
sweetveronica

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pauline and Tigerlily,

I'm glad that Sadie had a good day today!

I am going on Sat to see a litter of puppies, they will only be a few weeks old...I am very excited (obviously hee hee)!!!

Take care all!
Pauline

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy What are you hoping for ? Boy or Girl ?
We got Sade's first, she was huge even at 8 weeks then Alf, he was thinner but gangley ! For a boy he's very loving and such a mammy's boy, my husband calls him a big soft lump, he's not long started cocking his leg (never thought he would)but eventually he got there.
Hope you have a good day.
sweetveronica

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww bless him!!! I'm not sure what we're hoping to get yet, obviously Tara is a girl, and she is just so so loving, and I'm hoping that my next puppy will be too! I know that there must be quite a big size difference between the girls and boys, but is there usually a difference in how soppy they are? x
Pauline

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I think it's just the way you bring them up, there is a boy dally near us and he is quite aggressive, I've come across a few like that and of course my 2 being as soft as they are, they thought that the dally's would play and soon scarpered when they started growling at them.
I love it when little children see them and they say' look it's a DALAMATIAN' it gets me everytime cause they can't say Dalmatian.
hutchy

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,
Message from a totally non expert ..... I have always understood that two bitches are fine as long as everything is going well, but once two bitches fall out, it can be for life and can have very serious consequences !! I'm sure there might be a barrage of postings now to tell you different, but that is what I was always told. We have two boys (litter brothers), who are just 15 months old, and a seven year old bitch. They all get along fine most of the time, but she puts them in their place when they get 'funny' ideas about her. Quite often at this age !! They have their littl tiffs, but then usually kiss and make up, as you can see in the members gallery, a picture that Glenda kindly posted for me whilst I was 'Off air'.
Hope some of this helps in your decision ... good luck
Hutchy
tigerlily

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Boys or Girls Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, When i went to get Coco i went for a girl because i thought Boys were more stubborn how wrong i was some days Coco just doesnt listen to me at all, I have always had bitches so i dont really know what dogs are like even my cats are girls, my husband is always out numbered.
sweetveronica

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee hee! I think my main concern is that if I get a boy then he will try and do inappropriate things to my girlie!!! I think I'm just going to wait and see who I fall in love with and which puppy seems to want to come and live with me hee hee!!!! I am so so so excited!!!!!

I'm trying to do loads of research on the training side of it, as although I helped with Tara, I was only 11 and my mum did the bulk of it, unfortunately my mum passed away in nov 2004 so I can't ask her advice.... any tips would be greatly appreciated!!! x Very Happy
tigerlily

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Training your new puppy Reply with quote

Hi Sweetveronica, I have just bought the Jan Fennell book on dogs and it has loads of useful tips a lot of what she says i have already done with Coco and she is so well behaved, she is good when we have visitors she doesnt jump up anymore she just has a sniff then goes back to bed, she doesnt beg for food when we are eating, oh i could go on for ages every body says how good she is for just eight months so any tips you want get in touch
sweetveronica

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks tigerlily, i will definately buy that book if i get a new puppy....i might try a few tips on my old girlie, see if you can teach an old dog new tricks Laughing
dogtired

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: boys v girls Reply with quote

well if girls are more loving than males, how do you get anything done?

I have to chuck OB off my lap so I can get on with some work.
We waste (?) hours sitting cuddling our boy!

His new friend arrives on Saturday?

All very excited.
shandrydan

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never found my bitches to be more affectionate than my dogs. The bitches have been rather aloof. My dogs have always been total marshmallows. I much prefer the boys, even though they can be a handful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: