British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HELLO I HAVE JUST JOINED
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigerlily

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: HELLO I HAVE JUST JOINED Reply with quote

Hi i would like to tell you about my dally. Her name is coco she is liver spotted and very well behaved most of the time, she is seven months old and she makes me laugh every day, she takes me out for a walk every morning and we really enjoy meeting other people and their dogs she is very friendly, sometimes to friendly but everyone loves her. We would love to hear from you so please write back.
Ribblehill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject: Hello to you too! Reply with quote

Hello Tigerlily & Coco

No doubt you will find lots of people will share their experiences of owning a Dalmatian puppy, here on this forum. There are some excellent topics for you to browse and join in.
Good Luck
Tafuta Oh So Quiet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Tigerlily,

Coco sounds lovely, my own pup, Takara (also liver spotted) is now almost 10 months old and I remember a few months ago when she was 7 months, it was a nice age with Takara she started to calm down at 7 months but obviously not a lot (she's a dal afterall!) and was very well behaved.

Nice to see you here, hope you enjoy it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tigerlily

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Thanks for replying Reply with quote

Hi I am really enjoying reading about other dallys and finding usful information, there is so much to read i think i might be on her for a while
marianda24

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tigerlily and Coco

My dally girl, Phoebe is also 7 months old and liver spotted and she is a joy. She is now in her 2nd week of her first season which caught me a little bit unawares but never mind, shes coping and so am I.

Its a lovely age though isnt it as they ae starting to calm down - although only a little. My baby was born on 11 September so is your girl younger or older?

Welcome to the BDC, they are a fantastic group of people on here, always happy to help and advise so never be afraid to ask - even if you think your question is a bit daft.
tigerlily

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gill and Phoebe
Coco was born on the 7th of October so shes a bit younger, I had her spayed last month she was very good didnt bit or lick the stitches, she has calmed down a bit but shes never been as bad as people say they are as long as she has her morning walk shes fine
sweetveronica

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I'm new here too, although I have had a dal for 10 years!!! She has finally calmed down slighty, and gets tired for at least half an hour after walks these days!!!! But she is a joy and constantly makes me laugh!!! Tigerlily, I see that you're from Newport South Wales, that is where I was born and raised, I've since moved to be with my partner, but my dad still lives there as do the rest of my family!!!

Hope you and you're doggie are well!
tigerlily

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sweetveronica just read your message,where in newport does your family live Coco and myself live by tredegar park, what i find funny about your message is my dad was born in lowerstoft and i have family there we go to suffolk about twice a year to visit i love it there, where in suffolk do you live
Pauline

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Tigerlily & Coco, Hi Sweetveronica,
This site is really good and the guys are very supportive.
I can remember when my 2 were 7 months, Alf just wanted to sit on my knee all the time like a baby and you know the weight of them !
Sadie was very mischevious, she liked to dig the plants up in the garden and hide her toys.
Alfie was and still is, all legs (he's like Bambi) very tall.
But everyday he makes me laugh, I keep saying he's been here before !
tigerlily

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pauline nice to hear from you, I want another dally but my husband has put his foot down he said i cant have another one( He get less attention now i have Coco he wouldnt get any if i had another one) When do they stop growing it seems Coco has stopped at 23 inches at withers i would like her to get a bit bigger could you let me know
sweetveronica

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tigerlily and Pauline!

Tigerlily, my dad lives in Magor. I was born in the Gwent! And his family live in Malpas! I now live in Felixstowe!! How bizarre?!! Is Coco your first dal? Tara stopped growing quite early I think (she's rather small for a dalmatian and her ribs seem to flare quite a lot!) but she's beautiful! Are you planning on showing Coco?

Its such a small world!!!

Hope you're all well!!

Take care.
Pauline

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Godd Morning Tigerlily,
If I remember correctly, Sadie stopped growing when she was about 2, thats when she seemed to settle down alot and be more obedient (not that she was very naughty, just puppy things).
I'd like to think Alfie has stopped growing, now that he was 2 in March, but as I said he's all legs, I'll have to measure him !
We never thought we would end up with 2 dogs (they are half brother and sister) but they are company for each other,I'm sure Alf thinks Sadie is his mother as she keeps washing him and kinda keeps him in check ! Laughing
I've had them both 'seen too' as obviosly there could be no puppies and I don't show them. My husband bought them for me as I am dying to be a grandma but my daughter is a career girl (she's only 25 - time yet) !!
sweetveronica

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Pauline, your dogs sound lovely!!! I remember Tara being 7 months old though, she was fantastic fun, used to climb up slides (the wrong way) and then slide back down to the bottom....kept her amused for hours!!! She also used to be partial to a bit of skateboarding!! She may be ten but she's still got her little quirks as it were! She likes football more than skateboards now though! I'm hopefully getting a new puppy sometime soon, and I'm so excited, however I've been told that I'm not allowed anymore than two...time will tell Wink

Anyway, I hope you're all well!
Take care!
Pauline

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Sweeyveronica,
Don't know if you know but Sadie is really poorly, she is only 3 1/2 and has an enlarged heart and a condition called megasophagos (? spelling). The vet has told us she has only a matter of months, so we make the most of everyday. I don't think I could replace her and I don't know how Alf will react when she's not there anymore as he has'nt known any other !
sweetveronica

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww Pauline, I'm so sorry, I didn't realise.

That must be horrendous, I really am so sorry. I'm sure that everyday you have together must be extra special, I wish there was something I could say, I'm so sorry Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: