British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Murphy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Hello from Murphy Reply with quote

I adopted Murphy six months ago from the RSPCA. He is around 18 months old now.

He is a lovely dog if a bit naughty!

I am amazed at the number of peopke who stop and chat and all because he's a dalmatian.
dalkiss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the forum. As you have discovered, you make all sorts of new friends when you own a Dalmatian.

People come and talk to you and/or him who would pass you otherwise - not just children.

I found a lot of people chatting to us even exploring the Scottish Highlands.

Enjoy his company for many years and don't be afraid to ask here for any advice you need.

Regards

paul
Glenda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Hello what's his/her name? Reply with quote

Hi

Have to agree - my first girl was Daisy and it was amazing how many people would come up to say hello and ask her name - over the years we met lots of people on our daily walks on the beach and everyone would be saying 'Hello Daisy' but nobody ever knew or asked my name - funny about that! Think I was just a person on the other end of the lead and not near as interesting as a Dalmatian.

With Lucy it's happening all over again except that now I say 'Oh, and by the way my name's Glenda'!
bryedal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

We find the same when we're walking our Dals here. Lots of people tell us that they "used to have one of those". Which leads to past memories of lovely Smile good Laughing naughty Embarassed and "It's a pity we're too old to have another now" chats. I don't think anyone forgets their Dalmatian Exclamation
Liz
Tafuta Oh So Quiet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and Welcome Very Happy

Yep, we get the same, especially because she's liver spotted they find her very interesting!

We also get 'oh you don't see many anymore do you?' (being only 18 I don't know if there used to be more around!)
And the old 'we used to have one - fantastic dog!'
There's another one that lives down the road (though I've never met him) and people say 'oh I thought it was Charlie!' they're not used to seeing them so seeing two in two days is strange! Laughing

You will never forget your dally! They truly are amazing dogs - everyone in the park knows Takara and they're amazed by how much character she has!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: