British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A newie from Somerset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: A newie from Somerset Reply with quote

Laughing Hi, I have just joined this forum today, from a very cold, snowy and windy Somerset.
We have a Dalmatian called Basil who is ten this year, we have had him since he was a puppy. He is a complete member of our family and as has been said before it is like having another child in the house. He was a nutcase until he was five years old, he has now settled down to just being....Basil!
He is a terrible thief if you let him, he will steal anything from the worktops in the kitchen. His favourite game is to take the empty cardboard boxes from shopping outside and rip them to pieces.
We are lucky in having a neighbour who has a lady Dalmatian called Polo who is best friends with Basil, we walk them out everyday across the fields near us.
We also have two cats, Molly and Poppy who Basil loves although he does get very jealous when they sit on laps and he is not allowed, he is just so big he would flatten us!! Laughing

Basil and Polo on a cold Somerset day......
AmySpeedy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome!

Your Dallies have a nice rug on! My two dogs (one Dally one Jack Russell) hate their rugs! Everytime they have to wear them, they look at me, as they think: "why do we have to suffer that much" Laughing

But sometimes its necessary! My Dalmatian bitch called Amy is a incredible thief, too! Even after having heir food, she makes a trip around our house if someone was so silly to leave anything she could eat out on the kitchen cupboards or on the tables! Twisted Evil

Sometimes I think the Dallies are like clowns: only to be here to make us laugh!

Bye
Susanne
LJ

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Hi, it has been quite funny with the rug, Basil has had it for three winters now, but until this year he didn't really like wearing it as he couldn't work out how he had a wee while wearing it! Laughing
This winter has been so cold that he just realised in the end that he could and has been great about wearing it ever since.
I am afraid Basil does not like Jack Russells as he has been bitten a couple of times by them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: