British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

desparetley seeking a new bouncer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bouncer1234

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: desparetley seeking a new bouncer Reply with quote

hello everyone we live in brighton ,east sussex. we are desperate to find a new pup after suddenley loosing bouncer. he was only a year old and died suddenly after eating a cassette tape that we think must of tangled him up inside.he was put onto antibiotics by our vet and after a few days seemed to have discarded all the tape.his stools returned to normal and seemed to be back to his normal bouncey self.for the following week. we thought we could all do with a few days away for a break .so booked into a travel lodge near the new forest.bouncer of course had his own sofa bed with us and we enjoyed the country enviroment and peace. on our day of return travel, we woke to bouncer being very sick ,this continued during our journey home.we booked an emergancy appoitment for him at a vets in worthing west sussex .they were excellent and kept bouncer in overnight .he was very pale and fed up.later that evening they called to say he was a bit better and holding down his fluids.which was great news.i could not believe what i was hearing the next morning when they called to say he had died. we had not even contemplated that as a outcome.
we are both devestated by our loss.he was a beautifull pup a great friend and loyal companion.he made us laugh,even when he was naughty.he was unique as he didnt have any spots on his eyes.we'll travel as far as needed to find another. we know bouncer can never be replaced but would dearly love to find another pup asap. can anyone help.
we can be contacted on 01273 419316/ 0781 6761322/ 0781 2242348
Ribblehill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Bouncer... Reply with quote

Morning B1234

Please forgive me if i should sound a tad harsh whilst you are feeling so low. Although you may find the information you require within this site with regards to Welfare contacts or puppy contacts, i do feel that you may need to take a little more time before committing yourself to the possible purchase or the adopting of a puppy. May i suggest that you may find it theraputic to place a post on the Obituary column about your lovely Bouncer?

If after reading this you still feel the time is right to open your heart and home to another spotty, i am sure that our members will assist you in order that you achieve your goal.

Good Luck
Glenda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:29 am    Post subject: The differences Reply with quote

Hi

I'm so sorry you've been through such a terrible experience and have lost Bouncer. Although it was old age and the accompanying illnesses that made me decide to have my first Dal Daisy put down the end result was just as painful. It took me 18 months before I could make the decision to get another dog - this time a rescue - Lucy. And it took time to realise that she was most definitely not a re-incarnation of Daisy - her personality is totally different - just as we all are.

Bouncer as you have said was unique and I'm sure you'll find another one who will be different but just as unique in his/her own way.

Good luck and best wishes
Glenda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: