British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

He has arrived

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uniquewoman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: He has arrived Reply with quote

An update for you all. I picked up River a couple of days ago, he is a beautiful liver spotted dalmation, we had a long trip home and he behaved himself in the car by sleeping the whole way.. He is eight months old and already a big boy.

When we arrived home he first went and met all the family (I have four boys) then found the toys that I had bought him. He then managed to demolish them in just a few hours.. he loves pulling the stuffing out! He also was impressed with chewing up a potato that he found during the night.. still finding pieces of it..

I am amazed at how he settled in, he hates confined spaces so there is not a crate or cage in sight, he has the fun of the whole house and the garden and in his element.

The two of us have already walked around the whole village a few times and he spends the rest of the time playing with the kids when they get home from school. He is so gentle with them, He went into my 17 year old sons room this morning at 3am just to make sure that he was still there, gave him a lick and then went back to bed.

Anyway after his rough start in life he is now getting so much love and cuddles and games that in the evening he is exhausted .

Now for the question.... I know all about not giving him food with too much protein.. so will let you all let me know which you think the best complete dry food for him is...

Will get a picture of him up soon
marianda24

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Welcome to River Reply with quote

Awwww. It is so nice to hear that your little boy has settled in so well. Im sure that you are all going to get on just fine and he is so lucky to have found himself such a nice family.

We picked up our new baby last Saturday and she is settling in so well. Her name is Phoebe and she is an 8 week old liver spotted. Regarding food, Phoebe is being fed on Vitalin Puppy/Junior dried food and she is thriving on it.

Im sure that lots of other more experienced people on here will be able to advise you better than I can
spottydogs3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was lovely to hear that your new boy is settling in so well. It sounds like he is going to have a super home with you all. I'm sure that lots of people will give you advice on food but thought I would get in and tell you that I feed mine on Burns chicken & rice which although a little more expensive than some other dried foods is a holistic food. They have a web site you can look at and if you contact them they will send you some samples so you could see if your new boy likes it.

Heather
Lara, Oliver and Louis
uniquewoman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Burns Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, have just sent an email to Burns asking them for samples

He is really suffering (as are we!!) from Flatulence, on the food that he was fed in the Kennels...

He is trying to figure out how to get into my bin at the moment... got a feeling it wont take him long....

Take care

Niki and River
liki285

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Niki

I give my girl Jess Purina pro plan dry food with tinned fish, raw mince or cooked chicken! she's doing really well. But when I'm in a rush sometimes I have the brand sachet's handy! she's doing fine...it's just finding the right balance, like people their all different I think!

By the way I think it's great that you have given River the home he finally deserves!

Lisa x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: