British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New member- Question about loose puppy stool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Health Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chinkachoo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: New member- Question about loose puppy stool Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
We've had our dal pup for a little over a week now (she's 9 1/2 weeks old) and today she's had a few bouts of loose poo with some mucous.
Yesterday was a pretty stressful day for her, and I'm thinking that may be the cause. I had planned to take her to my mothers for a few hours for some socialization, but my car ended up breaking down and the poor pup had to spend 8 hours at her place while I took the car in to be fixed (strange house/ dog/ and people). By the time I got her home yesterday, she was a nervous wreck, but was back to her old self a few hours later.
She's eating just fine, not fever, running around like a maniac, and is just being her normal self besides the runny poo.
While this is my first puppy, I used to work in a pet store a while back who unfortunately had lots of puppy mill dogs, so I do know all about the common puppy illnesses and I don't think it's coccidia or giardia. She has also just wormed by the breeder before I picked her up (reputable show breeder).

Am I right to think this is all stress related? Of course, if it's not better by tomorrow, or becomes watery I'll take her straight in. Just looking for some advice or reassurance Smile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Health Matters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: