British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

With sorrow my first and last post on this forum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidsywidsy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: With sorrow my first and last post on this forum Reply with quote

Hi to everyone on the forum.
I have joined with great sadness in my heart.I tried to register the other night because I was desperate for help.My beautiful spotty Buster was in a really sad state following a operation to remove bladder stones.Two weeks after the op he has still been unable to urinate and has had to be catheterised 4 times a day.He unfortunately went really downhill in the last few days to a point where I decided this morning to have him put to sleep.It was one of the hardest things I have had to do,I held him close and then very quickly he was gone.
Before anybody says,yes I am very happy with my vet,and will use him again.
Buster was 11 and has had a great life with my wife and I on our farm.There must have been some other underlying problem which was undetected.
So all I can say is that I have a massive void in my life at the moment which will take a long time to heal,I will miss him terribly.
So I join this forum in the hope that one day I will be able to come back and say that another little spotty bundle of joy has joined our family.

Rob [/img]
fiona2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sending you love and sympathy at your loss
Spotalot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
So sorry for your loss.
Its an awful decision as you say, but you have given him the gift of peace.
Run free Buster.
tidsywidsy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind words
KissCass

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry for your very sad loss. I admire you so much for not letting him suffer.

If your heart ever heals enough don't forget all our dogs at British Dalmatian Welfare.
Jeangenie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so very sorry. You were very brave to the kindest thing for your old friend. He is now blessed and free from pain; you are the one suffering. Be kind to yourself.
Maggi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Our beloved dogs leave such a huge hole in our hearts when they go, but be reassured to know you did the last kind thing you were able to do for him. I hope that all the love and pleasure he brought you will mean that when you feel better you'll find the space for another spotted person to help ease the pain. Take care.
tidsywidsy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the wife and myself have decided that we will get another spotty at some point,we are just going to gives ourselves time to mourn Buster.
I keep finding myself drawn back to the forum because the very kind comments from fellow spotty owners are helping me to realize that I did the right thing in letting Buster go, as hard as it was.
fiona2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big hugs
dallymcj

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((( x )))

We lost our 2 Labradors so know how you feel. The first one had a suspected stroke at the age of 12, 2 years ago so that was a fairly easy decision but the 2nd dog was suffering for a while with a heart mumur and coughing contantly from it (at 13years) so we had to make that decision of when to have him put to sleep. That was a year ago and now we are looking forward to having a spotty friend join us and excited about being dog owners again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: