British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where are you all?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maggi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Where are you all? Reply with quote

It's very quiet on here all of a sudden. Are you all out trying to free your spots from the quagmire that used ot be our countryside? It's cold wet and miserable out. Surely someone's spot has doen something naughty to cheer us all up?
fiona2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im bumbling along in the background
Is it just me but I come back covered in as much mud as the dogs and when walking down the road see all these immaculate dogs and owners and wander how they keep so clean
Gavin_and_Elaine

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been busy working, Italy etc since New Year.

Totally agree about the mud and other dogs.

It just seems Dalmatians and by association their owners are mud magnets.

Everyone else goes out all nicely dressed , clean and tidy.

We end up going out wearing dark (none mud showing) clothes.

That mud attraction linked to an inherent fondness to furniture (sofas, chairs, beds etc), makes for a large laundry and cleaning list Smile

We would love to have an ivory cream bedding set, never going to happen though.
Spotalot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still here
Very Happy
Daisy is being scarily good....I'm going to regret typing that arn't I Rolling Eyes
We're all still missing our Dylan, but she's a lucky girl and walks for two hours most days with all her doggie friends and yes we slide rather than walk, add to that the half hour to clean us all up when we get home, not much else gets done.....roll on summer...
Washing machine dosn't stop.
Often wonder what happens to all the other dogs in the winter.....only see the same handfull of people in the woods each day.

We've just this minute had another weird wind and rain storm..... 2 claps of thunder 1 lightening flash..... 20 minutes torrential rain and high winds and now all over and as calm as anything again Confused
KissCass

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still here too. I've just done a stint as coordinator for dalmatian Welfare which was enjoyable and time consuming.

I'm also trying to stop Alfie stealing all the bird food!
Maggi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fifty one people looked and four of you are alive!! Hooray.

We're drowning in mud and we had a promotion for our business in a local Tescos today when there was a huge freak thunderstorm. I clung to our tent like Mary Poppins, Caper did his cowardly lion impression in the car, Mike and a nice man from Tescos did there best to stop it all taking off. Soaked to the skin and we'lll be drying things out for a week.

Glad I can now post on the forum again - the small and peculiar buttons made it difficult. Kisscass I'm glad you enjoyed your stint with Welfare, but you are probably glad to have a little time to yourself again.

Looking forward to all the annual dalmatian things. Dalmatian of the Year at Doncaster next weekend and Crufts coming up soon. I believe the Spotalots and Kisscasses are on Discover Dogs again on Saturday and Caper & Lara are doing their bit on Sunday. Hope we'll catch up with some of you there.

Last edited by Maggi on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeangenie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still alive! Smile I've spent the past few months being amazed at the mud-shedding teflon coats of the dalmatians - wiped clean and dry in seconds after a walk - compared to the spongelike mud-magnet coat of the setter, who takes longer to get clean enough after a walk to come into the house than it did to walk her!

We had that amazing storm too. Masses of lightning, continual rumbling thunder for about 10 minutes and a huge hailstorm coating the garden in white. I was so glad we were home and weren't caught in it. It was a close-run thing!

We're doing DD on the IRWS stand on the Sunday, so hope to see you then. Smile
Chris W

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isabelle and I are enjoying one of the driest winters on record.So no problems with dirty wet Dalmatians over here .Living on Vancouver Island we usually have lots of rainy days during the winter which turns the ground to mud.This winter has been a real treat although I guess we are not out of the woods yet!
Spotalot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris
Glad to hear that at least someone is having a dry winter.....not that I'm jealous or anything Rolling Eyes
Correct me if I'm wrong but wern't you on the verge of getting a playmate for Isabelle a while back?
Maggi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris - I am jealous! My poor dogs got a 3 mile road walk today as everywhere we walk is so waterlogged. Our normal path through the fields has water up to poor little Poppy's tum! I seem to remember you were waiting for a friend for Isabelle too. Did you ever get one?
Jeangenie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dry walks .... dry walks .... Vancouver Island ... dry walks .... paradise. Smile
Ann99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still here - same as everyone in the UK, battling with wind and rain. The wind was so strong this morning that the rain felt like ice and Flekk refused to get out of the car when we got to our walk. I think he's as fed up as we are of getting soaked. I did eventually manage to get him out and we both ran for the shelter of the trees Very Happy

He was very hormonal for a couple of weeks (at least, that's what we put it down to) and most walks were on lead after he'd run away a couple of times. Once for two hours Shocked . He seems to have calmed down again now, thank goodness!
KissCass

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeangenie wrote:
Dry walks .... dry walks .... Vancouver Island ... dry walks .... paradise. Smile

Vancouver Island.....Victoria....best cheesecake ever......how can you be so cruel? Desperate to go back.
Chris W

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to get Louie as a companion for Isabelle . Unfortunately my husband became seriously ill so I was not able to take him . Louis (now Luke ) is living with another family on Vancouver Island .He turned out to be the perfect fit for them and I do see him on a regular basis.Husband now doing OK so have not given up on the idea of a friend for Isabelle.Victoria may have the best cheese cake but you have the best cream teas !!!
Spotalot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear about your husband and do hope he's ok now.
Shame about Luke but nice you can see him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: