British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new owner to be

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liki285

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: new owner to be Reply with quote

Hello all you Dalmatian fans, I pick my puppy up on the 29th Oct and I'm so excited, we've chose a bitch and called her Jess. Any good tips or advise will be much appreciated? Bye for Now...Lisa x
Where's Wally?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lisa

Nice to 'meet' you - hope all goes well with Jess.

My puppy, Harvey, is now 14 weeks old. He's my first dalmatian - in fact, my first dog. I've loads to learn, but we're having great fun and the members of this forum have been really friendly and helpful.

Ribblehill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: New puppy Reply with quote

Congratulations Lisa on being selected by your dalmatian, as her new mum. Please take time to read all areas of this website. You will find many useful topics on puppies, rearing and training, health and well being, yours and you puppy's.

Good luck Exclamation

Ribblehill, Dalmatianists do it faster (run that is!)
liki285

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Jess Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, had my Jess since Saturday and she's gorgeous!
the poor thing threw up all the way home from the breeder on my daughter much to her dislike, but she was fine once we let her settle in and a few hours sleep later!

Toilet training at the mo and she's doing really well, going in the garden!

I have to say though I'm exhausted and glad to be going back to work tomorrow! It's like having a naughty todler in the house, biting everything she shouldn't. But she's already starting to understand a few basic commands so I can't complain!

My partner Darren will be taking over then for the rest of the week!

I can't wait to take her out for walks but that's another 4 weeks off yet, so I've been taking her in the garden with her lead on to get use to it, but she just chews it!

Anyway bye all, any advise on new puppies please let me know?

Thanks

Lisa Very Happy
Tafuta Oh So Quiet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to hear more about your little girl! Sounds like she had a rough ride home but she'll be fine!

Takara's encountered many a puppy plight so if you need a chat... I'm here - she's still only 17 weeks so it's all fresh in my mind! (Answers to car sickness in particular...)

So - feel free to contact me! Would LOVE to chat about your little girl! And where are the pictures?!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tafuta Oh So Quiet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way, she will get used to her lead, Takara used to just chew hers, if it really doesn't subside, you could try some white vinegar on it, it didn't work for T because she somehow likes the tast Shocked but it's supposed to work if you get a cloth, dab white vinegar on it and wipe it all over the lead! (Your hands won't smell nice though).

Make sure you keep walks short, and Takara only goes once a day because she was too tired with any more and wouldn't eat. Having said that, most people don't tend to have a problem so your little girl might be ok with the 5 mins per month of age rule.

As for her chewing HMMM - still not been able to find much of a solution, but one thing I will say is, I bought a hide stick for T from the local petshop, didn't really think it'd work but it was cheap so I tried it, she loves it! Ideally it should be something pliable at first and she liked her puppy bone and when she was old enough she had the edible puppy bone (until older dog ate it) but now she won't chew on a soft bone, she wants hard things. If you're not sure what I mean about the stick, let me know and I'll send you one to try! (IF all else fails!) Mine was a miracle!

Anything else - please do ask! If I can't help you one of the more knowledgable on here will!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: