British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joliver76

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hi my name is Becky and I am new to this site. I have a wonderful 7 moth old Dalmatian called Frodo, I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place, so please forgive me if I haven't..
Please could anyone recommend a loving host family to look after my beautiful boy for a week while we are away in July. I live in Bracknell, Berkshire. I have never left him before and it's breaking my heart to do it, but my family needs a holiday. I would prefer a family that has or is used to Dalmatians as he is very lively and still jumps to say hello to people but he is so loving and wonderful. I really don't want to put him in a kennel as I have been reading such horror stories.
I would be truly grateful for any help or advice. Very Happy
Spotalot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome.
Love the name..
Very Happy
Joliver76

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Carole and Daisy. X
Maggi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome. It is nice if you can find a good dog sitter but believe me dogs are very happy in good boarding kennels. You should visit any kennels you think of leaving your dog in and make sure you see ALL of it (not one or two selected kennels) and chat to the owner to see if it meets your criteria. Dogs are safein kennels, can't be accidentally lost or let out and the staff are professional and will know what to do if anything is the matter with your precious spot. All good kennels carry insurance and you should not worry. It is always good to know of a good kennels as in the event of an emergency you don't have to worry about care for your dog. Hopefully someone can recommed something in your area.

We occasionally have dog sitters but our dogs have always been kennelled when we go away and over 35 years of dali ownership we've never had problems with the various kennels we have used. Indeed the owners have become friends and we've always been able to go away safe in the knowledge that our spots are happy and well cared for.
Joliver76

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for replying Maggi. Thanks for the advice about looking at kennels and I will give them a go. Frodo is our first dog so this is all new to us. I can't bare the feeling of leaving him anywhere, but I know once I have done it once and know he was happy it will be easier next time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: