British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patsy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Obituaries (Dogs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Homeless

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ellie I have only just seen this so sorry for the late post.

Things feel raw right now, Non dog owners could never understand that it hurt like losing any other familly member.
But it just does.

So sorry for your loss. Sad
Ellie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Raw is a very apt description, I can't believe she's gone. I feel especially vulnerable as was the last link with dad, he brought Patsy for me. Also I've got the anniversary of my dad's passing on 2nd July, everything feels raw at the moment. It doesn't help working 12 hour shifts , when what I'd like to do is bury my head. Luckily Dana and little Poppy are keeping me occupied and motivated.

A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
Chris W

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry for your loss.You have my deepest sympathy.
Maggi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Ellie I do feel for you. Spotalot and Fiona are right - when you feel up to it have a little ceremony for Patsy - scatter her ashes or plant a special plant. If you don't have any ideas a nice thing to do is to dedicate a tree through the Woodland Trust. I have ,done this for all my dogs, you get a nice certificate (a tree currently costs 15) and I love the idea that I am making woods for future dogs to run in - a permanent memorial that benfits lots of people and their dogs.

It is nearly a yesr since Kiri died. Next week I am going back to France and taking her ashes with me to scatter ast her favourite walking place. It is a pretty woods with a stream and in the woods is a little chapel with a strange outside altar. I discovered that it is where the local farmers used to bring cattle ot be blessed so that their farms would flourish. It seems an appropriate place for her final resting place.
Ellie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both. I brought a little pot plant in memory of Patsy to brighten up the room a little bit. I miss her so much.

Maggi, what a lovely idea to do for your Kiri - sending hugs x

A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Obituaries (Dogs) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: