British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling all lovers of spots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kellydal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allegedly he was helping me with my masters literature review when he was on the kitchen chairs whilst I was sat at the table. I'm not convinced lol. And yes full of mischief but hard to stay cross at that face Smile haha
chrisw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome
Just read through your post and had a bout of Deja Vu and a wee chuckle. Firstly the man who shouted at you is definitely the one with the problem, not you. Unfortunately he is one of those ignorant owners that sadly have no understanding of canine behaviours. Adolescence in male dogs can bring out this behaviour. While we are embarrassed they seem to be impervious and shut down their hearing and doing what they think is right given the signals they read from the other dog and you will definitely experience the ďso what If donít want to do thatĒ from your dog at this age, a bit like most teenagers on two legs. Iím certain every Dali owner has been through it, I know I have been with my first and Iím currently going through it with my second . But persevere it will come good just keep reminding him that sit still means sit and so on and his early training will come back. Good luck
Kellydal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww Thankyou. I can laugh about it a bit now. Yes we are definitely persevering with the training and can't wait to start agility after Easter. It's his birthday on Monday I can't believe how quickly it has gone. This forum reminds me he is behaving normally if there is such a thing in an adolescent haha. How old are your two?
Tim Lockett

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I get another Dally male Puppy, I will call him Percy! That is the bye word for Dallies Percy-Vere!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz Wink
chrisw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iíve got Harvey at 3 and Oscar is nearly a year so I'm going through the adolescent years with Oscar just now albeit Iím a bit more relaxed about it this time. . They never fail to give you a wee surprise when you are out and about. But I love them to bits and its part of what I like about Dallys (most of the time).
chrisw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Lol yes, stay calm, persevere and above all Very Happy
Kellydal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha that does sound about right Tim. I have to say the constant whining as a result of short lead walks following castration is driving me potty at the minute. But I will Percy-vere! Hopefully I will take it more in my stride when we add to the spotty family in the future Smile reassuring to know I may be a bit more relaxed next time chris. What's it like having two spots?
chrisw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i'm honest its been relativley hassle free and they get on really well. Vey different characters for sure and Oscar has picked up things quicker than Harvey. Are you getting the calling to introduce another spotty to your family?
Kellydal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I most definitely am haha. If I had my way I'd fit the most irritating question I get asked on a daily basis "where's the other 100" and have the full set!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: