British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello Dally-ists

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim Lockett

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Hello Dally-ists Reply with quote

Hi Giselle my wife and I keep 3 welfare Dallies, in Pensax which is in the north west corner of Worcestershire. We bought our first Dally from Thorney Island in Hampshire in 1992 and have been hooked on them ever since. We took on our first welfare Ding-Dong-Dally, Katie (who we have recently lost to Cancer) when I came out of the Army and Wilf could no longer be with me all of the time, so he had company at home.
Our Flock of Dallies now comprises of Dim-Dom, Loopy Lou and recently re-homed Cuba. This is a short video of Cuba's first free run with the boy's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qij_qvKEW4U
Spotalot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How lovely to see thank you.
And that was one brave chicken that ran across in the background Shocked Laughing
KissCass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely, my favourite things spotty dogs and pretty chickens. How lucky are you? And how envious am I? 🐔🐔🐔🐣🐣🐥🐥
Maggi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely to see 3 happy spots. Cuba looks as though she is settling well, but I too am amazed at the boldness/stupidity of that chicken!
Tim Lockett

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the hello's. I must say I have found dallies fantastic with the chickens, I have about forty huts and Dimmers and Cuba do the rounds every night with me to lock all the huts up. Cuba had a very early lesson from a broody hen with chicks. She thought, "this is very new and interesting" the Broody flew at her and Cuba was a cloud of duct back to the house. Laughing Laughing Laughing

They take very little notice of them and are very sensible, but protective. When there is a chicken alarm call Dim-Dom is very quick to investgate, and is a brilliant foxer. (As in fox fighter)

I can solve chickens eating there own eggs, but I am yet to solve Dallies stealing eggs. Cuba has learnt the "I have just layed a fresh egg" call from the hens, and is there waiting for the hen or pullet to vacate the nest, so she can help herself. (She needs a bit of weight putting on though Wink )
amigo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a really lovely video, really happy dals together .

Sue Freyja and Zuri
Nkosi-Kibibi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say seeing the three of them racing around together is making me very broody for another Embarassed but I would like an older one not another pup.

Oh well must be time to talk the Other Half round Very Happy
Tim Lockett

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these are re-homed dogs, we had them all around 1 year old, Well Loopy Lou was supposed to be 3-ish but we never received any confirmation from the owners.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: