British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann99

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Hello,

Ive been reading the forums for a while now, and have found such useful information especially about the RAW food diet!

Our old Dalmatian, Finn, died in April, very suddenly, from liver cancer age 11 and we were devastated. We heard that his great-nephew had sired some pups and we now have Flekk, one of Finns great-great nephews! Flekk is 6 months old and is beautiful. Flekk is Norwegian for Spot...

Hes done puppy training and has started on the KC Bronze scheme. Hes been on several camping trips and to several dinner parties and has always behaved perfectly! Well, apart from a couple of weeks ago when he got so excited he weed on my sisters dining room carpet... She was very understanding though.

Finn liked to sing his favourite was Voi Che Sapete from the Marriage of Figaro. Flekk likes to talk especially to his ball when its rolled away from him. We cant decide if hes telling the ball to come back or hes telling us to fetch it for him! As he rules our lives in every other way, we think its probably the latter!!

When I've worked out how, I'll post some photos!
Ann
Nkosi-Kibibi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ann

Our first Dalmatian was called Flekk and he was a liver spot who came from an animal shelter. Sad He had had an accident and had a metal plate in his leg as he been run over after escaping from his garden, his then owners gave him up as they found him too boisterous as they had a toddler.

Their loss was our gain Very Happy and thats where my love of spotties came from, he had such character and we still talk about him to this day even though he has been gone for nearly 30 years. They really do leave a mark on your heart.

Cant wait to see your photos Smile
KissCass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann and Flekk

Welcome to the forum! Pleased that you have joined and look forward to hearing all about your adventures. With some photos, please!!
lina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome.
Ann99

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

What a coincidence, Nkosi-Kibibi, that you should have a dog called Flekk!

I hope Ive worked out how to add photos; here are four:
[img]
Flekk at 6 weeks /img]
[img]
his first night with us[/img]
[img]
his first trip to the seaside at 12 weeks[/img]
[img]
at 6 months in the Forest of Dean[/img]
EllieDal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my word, Flekk is lovely!
So sorry to hear about Finn, we lost Pepper (Dalmador) at 11 in December last year, we were heartbroken (to say the least). Ellie (Dal 9 months) has certainly helped us to fill the void Pepper left (and then some Laughing).
Nice to see your lovely puppy photos Smile

Last edited by EllieDal on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maggi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. What a lovely boy Flekk is. Look forward to hearing all about him.
sas1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's gorgeous, welcome to the forum. Very Happy
Nkosi-Kibibi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww he is just gorgeous ............... he has such a knowing look about him even at 6 weeks Very Happy
Spotalot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome Very Happy
Ann99

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the welcome messages!

When I showed my husband, Kenny, what Id written about Flekk he accused me of misleading you by implying Flekk was a very obedient dog!

So I just want to say that Flekk can be a little monster at times especially when he asks to go in the garden every five minutes because he feels like chasing the birds or eating things he shouldnt!! When he was quite little he chewed one of my socks and a pair of my reading glasses, both had to be thrown away! I suppose he hasnt been able to chew much else because hes had a pen up until recently just an area we fenced off with old fire-guards, about 7ftx4 ft and he slept in there at night and if I had to go out during the day Id put him in there. So here's a 'before' and a couple of 'after' shots of the pen...

the pen before Flekk arrived home

after being left for an hour age 4 months

after being left for an hour when he was 5 months

At least it was only torn newspaper!

We stopped putting him in the pen about a month ago. Hes shut in the sitting room (kitchen not being big enough!) if we have to leave him. At night he sleeps on his chair and we usually give him a bone if he has to be left during the day. The worst thing hes done is get on the furniture and I can only tell by the dents in the cushiions hes never on there when I open the door!
Spotalot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann99 wrote:

The worst thing hes done is get on the furniture and I can only tell by the dents in the cushiions hes never on there when I open the door!

Ha Ha Anne Laughing Laughing
That comment brings back memories, Our first Dally wasn't allowed on the chairs...( Iv'e got soft in my old age)

Well when we got up or came in she was never on there but if I felt all the cushions one was always warm....funny thing was she never ever tried to get up during the day....Then when she was old and Arthritic we knew her days were getting shorter and we relented and let her have one end of the sofa.

Her younger brother Dylan (sort of) never attempted to get up until after she had gone to the bridge and then he took her place on the sofa almost the same day ( we didn't like to discourage him in case he was getting comfort from her smell) Thing is now he is embarrassing...at 13 if we have visitors and one sits in his chair he will stand staring at them making it quite plain to us that he wants them to move Embarassed

And young Daisy at 2 dosn't sit on the chairs (although she does jump on them) but if I have been sitting on a chair and get up and leave the room she will be curled up in the warm spot when I return, but as soon as she sees me she gets off without me ever having said a word Smile

I love dog psychology Surprised
EllieDal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL great pics Smile They are real characters aren't they. Ellie has the choice of any seat on both sofas (we are far too soft on her!)
Jeangenie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotalot wrote:
at 13 if we have visitors and one sits in his chair he will stand staring at them making it quite plain to us that he wants them to move Embarassed

My Daisy, at a year old, could do the same; I'd been sitting on a chair at the ringside at a show with her on my lap. We went off to look at the stalls and when we came back a friend (thankfully!) was sitting in the chair. Daisy stared at her meaningfully for a while ("excuse me you're sitting on my mummy's chair") then, as that was having no effect simply climbed onto my friend's lap!! Shocked Very Happy
Spotalot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeangenie wrote:
Spotalot wrote:
at 13 if we have visitors and one sits in his chair he will stand staring at them making it quite plain to us that he wants them to move Embarassed

My Daisy, at a year old, could do the same; I'd been sitting on a chair at the ringside at a show with her on my lap. We went off to look at the stalls and when we came back a friend (thankfully!) was sitting in the chair. Daisy stared at her meaningfully for a while ("excuse me you're sitting on my mummy's chair") then, as that was having no effect simply climbed onto my friend's lap!! Shocked Very Happy

Love it Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: