British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Helping our spotty friends.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Welfare
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KissCass

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Helping our spotty friends..... Reply with quote

I am currently doing the Adoption Coordinator role for British Dalmatian Welfare and am really enjoying it. It quite gives you faith back in humankind, all the volunteers are unfailingly helpful and nice and quite understand when Alfie suddenly goes mad in the background when you're on the phone.

However, we really need more volunteers, so if you could help with home checks, dog assessments or transport please do offer. I started out saying that I could only do transport because I wasn't confident enough to do anything else - I can't check someone's home! It's not about that - what you are really looking at is would I let this person look after my dog? All the potential adopters seem to expect it and are very welcoming.

Everyone involved is really supportive and helpful too and I've met some very nice people. What's nice is that the dogs get involved too, I've taken them to home visits and assessments and it really helps, so their views are taken into account as well. We are particularly in need in South Devon at the moment.

Rest assured, no one could ask as many stupid questions as I do, I have never bred a dog in my life or even been to a dog show. This is simply about helping our lovely spotty breed be in happy and loving homes.
Spotalot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are enjoying it Valerie Smile

You already know I will help out in the south-east.
Thanks for doing a sterling job to help the spots X
Maggi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I second Kisscass's plea. We're always in need a of a helping hand. If you don't want to be involved with the dogs or the new owners then we appreciate people who can help out in other ways. If you live in the Midlands perhaps you could help on the Welfare stall at the Club Show. All that involves is having a nice day out surrounded by dalmatians and their owners and spending an hour on the stall selling calendars, knick knacks and Christmas cards. It isn't hard work, the atmosphere is nice and it relieves the club members who want to show their dogs and can't do both things on the day.

Any little offer of help will be appreciated. Anybody could one day need the help of Welfare if their circumstances change and they need help. Lending a hand is a way of giving back something to our lovely spots who give US so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Welfare All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: