British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone here from leicestershire??????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Midlands
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dayna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Anyone here from leicestershire?????? Reply with quote

hi guys im new to this site and i have been looking everywhere for a dally pup in leicestershire.
i have done my homework and know what i am getting into (sounds fun) Smile

after being messed around a few times with certain so called breeders i thought i would come here and see if anyone knows good breeders.

i am willing to go on a waiting list, i am looking for the hubbys xmas present Smile (lucky sod).

i am after a male kc reg black spotted boy suitable for showing in the future at crufts (hopefully), we are wanting one close to xmas as poss and must be able to deliver, as my partner drives he doesnt know yet what hes in for lol
please could anyone help Smile thanks guys
Maggi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome. If you want a really nice puppy you need to be prepared to travel to find one. Can I suggest you look on the club puppy list which you will find at the top of the page. All breeders on there will be club members, pups will be BAER tested etc. I think you will find that most reputable breeders will want to meet you AND your husband before they agree to sell you a puppy - I certainly would never sell a puppy as a surprise as I'd want to meet the owner and be absolutely certain that it was what they wanted. In fact I and many others insist on meeting the whole family before I make a decision to sell. That is not being difficult, simply making sure that our babies go to permanent loving homes.

As you are in the Midlans why not come on over to the Club show tomorrow at Stoneleigh (less than an hour away) and meet lots of lovely spotties and their owners.

No-one can guarantee you a dog that will qualify for Crufts (yes you have to qualify - you can't just turn up and show). A good breeder will point you in the right direction but after that there is lots of hard work involved in raising and training the puppy.

Good luck in your search - don't hesitate to come back and ask questions as needed.
Dayna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

hi maggie thanks for the info we are now arranging to travel to wales to meet a breeder and to look at some lovely looking pups Smile we will be making a holiday of it too Smile

i have also got in touch with a breeder from derbyshire and lincoln to see the other pups too Smile
Maggi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. I'm sure from reading here you know all the questions to ask. Do make sure you see the pups with their mum and find out who their dad is and where you can see him if you want to. Make sure the pups are BAER tested znf that you will receive the certificate with the puppy.

Enjoy yourselves and come back with lots of pictures of your prospective pup. We like puppy pics. Laughing Laughing
Dayna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

thank you maggie i have also posted a topic about food which i hope people will help me out on that one lol definatly lots of puppy pics cant wait to get our little boy (or girl)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Midlands All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: