British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Junior handling at BDC shows!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Juniors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winflash

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray there will be a definate entry from the Page clan. Laughing Cool Very Happy

Karen
Basinga

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: ages Reply with quote

any idea of the ages for junior handling? my daughter is 10 & my son 15 and he would not like to miss out. And if there is a veteran class my husband can enter Wink Wink
Chilli-Pepper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our 11 yr old daughter will enter with Chilli, so hopefully the numbers of entry are increasing
Dalregis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Jnr handling - ages Reply with quote

The relevant ages for each class will be published in the schedule.
Sorry, don't think that veteran handlers are catered for Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Pat
Winflash

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The usual age for entries are 6 - 11 years and 12 - 16 or 17 years cant remember which. We havent done handling for a while as it isnt 'cool' especially when you go in the ring a dalmatian that does the biggest poo anyone has ever seen Embarassed

Karen
Lucadal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: British Dalmatian Club Open Show (Spring) Reply with quote

Hey Guys

Don't forget to get your entries in for the newly reinstated 'Junior Handler' Classes at the British Damatian Club Open Show this Spring. Let's get the numbers up Laughing Laughing

I don't know about you but I haven't been able to get hold of a schedule yet (me just being a bit dim I think Confused ) however I have now been kindly informed to contact Rita Stokes Tel 01895 234987 for one.

Hope to see you there!!

Sara.
jabbadal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for those who haven't got their BDC open show schedule yet,

There are two Junior handling classes,
Class A: 6-11yrs old
Class B: 12-16yrs old

Judge - to be announced.

Entries close on the 8th April

And don't forget the rules have changed and you can now handle any dog, it doesn't have to be owned by the handler or parents/guardians, so if some juniors need to borrow a dog, then why don't you post it here and hopefully we can help!

Best of luck to everyone, and I'm looking forward to all the juniors teaching us all a thing or two about handling!!

Jabbadal

http://www.zyworld.com/jabbawockdalmatians
Winflash

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anybody has got a very well behaved dog that a very tiny 9 year old could handle I would appreciate it. He knows how to as he is trained to handle BB but as this is dalmatians only we need a spotty dog. Sadly mine are all too powerful Shocked

Karen
Dalregis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Jnr handlers dog Reply with quote

Karen,
Is there any such thing as a "very well- behaved" Dalmatian Embarassed Question Rolling Eyes

Seriously though, can I remind anybody offering their dog to compete with a junior handler that it must also be entered in a class at the show .
Junior handlers name and date of birth to be shown on entry form
Entries close on Saturday April 8th.
Schedules went out with February Spots of News but non- members can ring Rita Stokes ( 01895 234987) to ask for one to be posted.
Winflash

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very good question Pat Laughing

I think mine fall into the hooligan catagory as anybody who see first Ian dragged around the ring by Buddy Shocked yesterday then me by Molly Confused will realise that anything that doesnt feel it is part of a husky sledge pulling team would be excellent. Very Happy

Karen
Dalregis

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Junior handling Reply with quote

I understand that the Jnr. handling classes scheduled for the BDC Open show on Sat May 6th have attracted a good entry - thanks to all of you who have the enthusiasm to enter.
Good luck to all of the Juniors and their Dalmatians Exclamation
I'm sure that we oldies will learn a thing or two about how to handle Embarassed
Pat
Basinga

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: junior handling Reply with quote

Sadly my entry will be going to waste, the kid are really sad, but Tansy is still in season Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I hope everyone has a great day, I'm really fed up with her season coming at just the wrong time Crying or Very sad next time I'm getting a big butch dog Laughing
Winflash

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the one thing that is horrible about bitches. One of mine always comes in so we miss east of england, north of england DC and another show. It drives me nuts!!!

Still looking for the loan of a dog for my youngest if anyone can help. Crying or Very sad I had to bribe my daughter by allowing her best friend to come as apparantly dog showing is not cool anymore Very Happy

Karen
Dalregis

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Junior handlers Reply with quote

Well done to all the Junior handlers who did themselves proud in the ring at today's BDC show.
I was really impressed with the sympathetic handling of your dogs. I'm sure that you have now set a trend for some other youngsters to follow. I saw some young ladies doing a bit of training outside the ring so, next time ???
Pat
Winflash

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously one member of the page family had a very good day in this class. Mr. Green

I would like to say how lovely it was to have someone who obviously understood junior handling so well and made them work for it. I felt the club had made a real effort and all the children got a prize. Razz

I would also like to apologise to the girl in front of Andrew who got harrassed by Millie. Embarassed A few people thought she was in season which was making the male dalmatian go overfriendly but she most definately wasnt in fact the total opposite she is in phantom. Sad Unfortunately her daddy was in the ring opposite and it was winding her up. Wink

Anyway well done the BDC for allowing junior handling and well done to all the kids they were all brilliant and all the parents were very proud of them. Very Happy

Karen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Juniors All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: