British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ten Puppies
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Welfare
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anne Gurnsey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Ten Puppies Reply with quote

We find ourselves with a litter of 10 puppies which have been taken from their home by a local dog warden because their mother was sick and could not feed them properly. They were very underweight and have been quite poorly. They are now 6 weeks old and we have them in a foster home in the Midlands and are feeding them up and nursing them back to health. The puppies will be hearing tested

We are now looking for homes for these puppies. All potential adopters will be subject to our rigorous assessment and home check procedure. They may require more care than normal puppies who have been well looked after from birth. With Christmas approaching please consider your plans for the festive season and whether you can give time to a puppy. We will also expect you and your family to visit the litter and talk to the fosterers about your circumstances.

If you feel you could give one of these puppies a good home please call our adopters line 07976360468

Please note we have permission from the Webmaster to post this.

Anne Gurnsey, Chairman, British Dalmatian Welfare
Maggi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job I'm n not in UK or I'd be severely tempted. Poor little mites I hope that they find loving and permanent homes.
Anne Gurnsey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Maggi, they were so tiny, at 5 weeks weighed what you'd expect a 3 week old puppy to weigh. They had really bad worms so swollen tummies and spindly legs so obviously the mother hadn't been wormed. Then a couple of day of eating decent food they got terrible diarrhoea and we though we might lose some or all of them. Amazingly they seem to have turned a corner in the last 36 hours and have each put on a kilo or more in a week. The best part too is they have become responsive to people and the resident dogs. Now we just have the hard work of finding homes for them at just the wrong time of year.

Assuming you do come to the UK next week you can always visit and get tour puppy fix".
Maggi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Anne - do you need any things for them? I could pick up some food or toys or something if it would be helpful. Fellow forumites perhaps we could all get a few toys for these babies and the other dalmatians in welfare for Xmas??
KissCass

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea Maggi. Count me in.
Spotalot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And me Laughing

Rolling Eyes maybe I'll pick a puppy or two Wink
bryedal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Pups Reply with quote

Hope you can find all the homes you need Sad
What's happened to their poor Mum Anne Crying or Very sad
Liz
Anne Gurnsey

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mum and Dad have also been taken by the Dog Warden but only on Friday. The dog is in a foster home and the plan is to have the bitch spayed - she has pyometra and then put her in a foster home while she recovers. However the Dog Warden found her so shy that he kept her himself over the weekend.

She seems happiest in her crate and is not at all comfortable with being indoors or with household noises. The original idea was to get some weight on her before she had her operation but even after the pups had gone she was not gaining weight which is why she was taken too. Fortunately neither show any signs of aggression just not uised to "normal" life. The pups were the same, never been handled but now they are full of personality and very responsive.
IslandGirl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could help with homing a puppy but it's just not something I could do from over here Sad . I hope they all find loving homes soon.
Jeangenie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor little scraps, all of them - mum and dad too. Sad Taking on another pup isn't an option at the moment - good luck to them all. At least they've got a better chance for happy lives now they're getting proper care.
Anne Gurnsey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. I will ask about toys etc. our biggest expenses so far has been food, bedding and disinfectant.

Their first meal was scrambleed egg which they wolfed down but because of their tummy troubles we have had to put them on a starter food and need to keep them on it longer than usual. We had to buy a big roll of vet bedding, all that diarrhoea meant LOTS of washing. We then needed the special bacteriocide that kennels and vets use to prevent re-infection. Many of the Pet supply people have been very helpful and generous giving us free supplies or considerable discounts. The local vet visited free of charge and the support has been amazing.
Alphadal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw poor little things, and mum and dad too Crying or Very sad
Paula xxx
Maggi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So everybody - make sure you sign up to Easyfundraising so that your Xmas presents generate a bit of much needed income for the Welfare and dig out your chequebooks and buy some Welfare goodies (I think they still have some left - Anne please don't sell my diary!!) or just simply remember how much your dalmatians mean to you and send a cheque to Welfare to help those less fortunate. Even a fiver is fine, even just one pound will mean dinner for one spotty baby!

The good folk of Welfare work long and hard for NO MONEY to help these poor dogs. Expenses are many. Please give generously or me and Caper WILL come carol singing round at yours and I promise you don't want that! Laughing Laughing
Spotalot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What address shall we send to please?
Anne Gurnsey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Maggi for your plug.

To save having to hear Maggi's singing you can send a cheque made payable to British Dalmatian Welfare to our Treasurer: Angela Clarkin, 52 Webster Way, Hawkinge, Folkestone, Kent CT18 7PZ.

There are also lots of other options like making a direct payment in to our bank account or paying by credit card via virginmoneygiving.

If you look on our website www.dalmatianwelfare.co.uk there is a whole section on "Giving", We also have an online shop selling dalmatian goods - I won't sell your diary Maggi it has already gone to Pat.

Easy fundraising is great too. I've just bought some padded envelopes from Viking for our calendars and raised 2.94 for Welfare.

Thank you all for your good wishes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Welfare All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: