British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Showing (not for the faint hearted)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Shows & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrodal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Showing (not for the faint hearted) Reply with quote

I am so grateful to you all for the good wishes many of you have sent to Fiona and me
On her CC award.

However I am truly saddened by the few 'hate' mail I have also received. Dog World phoned me this morning to tell me they had also received similar regarding Fiona, they told me one even said she "moves like a pointer" I am appalled by some of the people we have in our breed!!!! Fiona will continue to speak for herself!

If Fi moved like a pointer, she would not have been able to have done the miles & miles of road & mountain work she as been doing with our horses! (she's a natural by the way) and is obviouse by her fitness, compared to the bitches in the ring with NO second thigh!!
Maggi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie - congratulations on your CC.

I am sorry you have received unpleasant mail and cannot imagine what would possess people to be so vile. I also think it pretty unpleasant of Dog World to pass on such nasty things. They should be bigger than that and tell these nasty people to go away and refuse to repeat their comments.

I'm happy for your win and suggest you take the congratulations and ignore the unpleasant (easier said than done I know). The judge was free to award the CC to whom they wished - they chose your dog, so you know she is good enough.
KissCass

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I know little about breeding you are to be thoroughly congratulated on your CC and on Fiona in general. It is clear that those who support the NUA Dalmatians care about the dogs and their welfare. I am unable to write what I feel about the people who have been so unkind to you because I would be modded for language.

Fiona (great name by the way) speaks for herself and that's the best way. Good luck in all you do with her.
Spotalot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to congratulate you and Fiona and agree with the posts above. There are some horrid people in this world Crying or Very sad

By the way please....what is a second thigh Embarassed Rolling Eyes
Obviously I know nothing about showing Embarassed
sas1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotalot wrote:

Well developed hind quarters Carol, like the area between the hip and the knee is well muscled. I think that's it, someone can correct me.
sas1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sas1"]
Spotalot wrote:

Well developed hind quarters Carol, like the area between the hip and the knee is well muscled. I think that's it, someone can correct me.

And well done Fiona & Julie Smile
spottydogs3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your CC Julie. Forget those people who feel that they have to be nasty, they clearly have nothing better to do. The judges opinion was that she was the best on the day and that is all that matters.

Heather
Louis & Sophie
Flygirl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Fiona perform on Sunday and she looked amazing, the best she has ever been and Julie is to be congratulated for getting her into such fine condition and always getting the best out of her. Fiona moves like a dream, or should I say, a true Dalmatian. She is nothing like a Pointer and I observed some fine examples of that breed! Fiona speaks for herself and is a great ambassador for the NUA Dalmatians.

www.elizabethsampsonpiano.co.uk
www.dalstorm.co.uk
www.nuadalseurope.co.uk
http://tyrodal-nuagene.blogspot.com/
Jeangenie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the CC - always a major achievement! - and as Maggi says, take the moral high ground and ignore the nasty people. Bad manners are inexcusable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Shows & Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: