British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Competition Agility?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Obedience and agility
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dalamanti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Competition Agility? Reply with quote

Hi, I have been showing for 11 years on and off but my young bitch (13 months) has recently given me reason to think she would be really good at agility than regular showing due to her energy levels and how unbelieveably high she can jump with no effort.

I have done some agility with her mum for fun and really enjoyed it, but I think she will absolutely love it and may be worth trying some agility competition if she picks it up well. How do I get info about this does anyone know? I know it'll be much harder to work towards than just doing it for fun like I've done before.

My local dog traning centre does training for competition agility but I wanted to ask those that have done it with Dals as to whether it's worth a try or just do it for fun.

Any opinions or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lisa.
Born to be owned by spotties.
Alnwick, Northumberland.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Labramatian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Easter I started private agility lessons with my Dalmatian and my Labrador.

My trainer thinks that by the start of winter we will be ready for our first fun agility competition.

Initially, I will start out with fun competitions to familarise myself and the dogs with the atmosphere etc and then if I feel comfortable move onto to proper competitions.

Personally, I hear about and have attended some shows with my trainer (she is a grade 6 agility competitor). You should be able to find information on various shows at http://www.agilitynet.com/ under the shows tab

Remember your dog must be registered on the KC activity log or be KC registered and will have to be measured before entering official competitions.

Happy jumping!

Helen Simpson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Dallys and agility Reply with quote

Can some one explain why the Dalmatian needs to be KC registered to enter agility classes? what happens if you have adopted your Dally and part of the agreement is that you are not allowed to know the parentage nor apply for a replacement KC registration form.
jabbadal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not a problem.
To enter KC agility shows you can either be registered as normal as a pedigree breed with the KC OR:
you can register onto the activity register with the KC - which allows those of mixed breeds or those who do not have details of parentage of their dog.

The registration of your dog with the KC allows them to keep track of your wins etc and be able to give your dog awards etc if they reach those dizzy heights! Also dogs need to be measured to compete in the right classes and registration is a way of allowing the KC to make sure everyone competes fairly.

It still means any dog can compete, no matter what its background.

The KC link is here for more info:
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/dogregistration

Best wishes,

http://www.zyworld.com/jabbawockdalmatians
Helen Simpson

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting me know, as I'm sure other owners have probably wondered the same thing. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Obedience and agility All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: