British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Translation please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Shows & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donothing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Translation please Reply with quote

Can someone please translate the end of the below:

NOVICE For dogs which have not won a Challenge Certificate or three or more First Prizes at Open or Championship
Shows (Minor Puppy, Special Minor Puppy, Puppy and Special Puppy classes excepted, whether restricted
or not).

Does: excepted, whether restricted or not mean that if the dog has won three Puppy classes they are excempt or does it mean the puppy wins do not count? I assume at the time of entry if the puppy has won three Open classes or CC they are excempt, but not sure about puppy classes.

I am basing the word excepted on: To leave out; exclude: An admission fee is charged, but children are excepted.

In plain English can a puppy enter Novice if they have won three or more time as a puppy at Open shows?
Jeangenie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - wins in puppy classes do not count as wins when entering Novice; they are exceptions (excepted) to the usual rule.
donothing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Novice Reply with quote

Thank you - you know when you have read it right but then doubt yourself?
Mapplewell

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But they count Sandie if that puppy has been in Junior or any other classes xx

www.zyworld.com/mapplewell
Jeangenie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But they wouldn't be puppy class wins, would they? They'd be Junior (or other class) wins, which aren't excepted. It's not whether the dog is a puppy, it's the class it's in.

If a puppy won its Puppy class and the the junior class, only the Junior class win would count towards the limit of three.
donothing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Novice Reply with quote

Hi Leanne: There was me thinking I had this worked out

If I enter Phin for a Dal Puppy class at an Open Show or Champ Show the win does not count for Novice.

However if I go to an Open show where there is only Dal Open or Dal Graduate and Dal Open, but no Dal Puppy (common at NE shows), and do not place 1st or get Best of Breed but get the Dalmatian Puppy does that mean that win counts? my logic is that it would not count as you have not won the class?

Can you tell I am trying to work out show enteries?
Jeangenie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was no puppy class, and the puppy didn't win any other class, then there wouldn't be a win to consider. BoB or Best Puppy awards don't count as class wins.
donothing

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Puppy classes Reply with quote

Thank you, that was my understanding but I am at the age I get confused - I used to blame the kids and now blame the dogs.

My logic was that if the competition only had Dal Open and you won that with a pup, then it was the Dal Open win that counted as one of the three wins, not the Dal Puppy: The Dal puppy being a bonus.
Jeangenie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly right. Smile
jabbadal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully this is the plain english version!!

novice: for dogs who haven't won 3 or more first placings at an open or champ show.
Any first placings in minor puppy, puppy or special puppy do not count.
(e.g you can win 3 times in a puppy class, but still enter novice)

So - you can have any number of first placings in minor puppy, puppy, or specail puppy and still enter novice. But you can NOT have 3 or more first placings in any other breed class such as, junior, novice, post grad or open.

The "whether restricted or not" bit applies to minor puppy, puppy, or special puppy classes which for some breeds may have been listed as puppy liver coloured, puppy short coat, etc. That is a special restriction that was put on the specific class.
We don't see it in our breed, except for sometimes a liver open class or a black open class at a club show, but alot of breeds have lots of special classes at their club shows including puppy ones.
You can safely ignore this bit of the description!!

I remember reading the class descriptions in our very first schedule and it sounded like complete goobledygook to me!! But luckily you do pick it up gradually. Usually as soon as you've got hang of things, they change them!!!

Best wishes,

http://www.zyworld.com/jabbawockdalmatians
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Shows & Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: