British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pregnancy scanning in West Yorkshire?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Breeding & Rearing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canavan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Pregnancy scanning in West Yorkshire? Reply with quote

Due to ridiculous quotes from vets to scan Grace - would anyone know of scanning facilities in West Yorkshire? Grace has had phantom pregnancies after each season so we can't be sure at the moment. She's 24 or 26 days after her 'relations'!! Someone suggested a sheep farmer? LOL! John&Karen
donothing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Scanning Reply with quote

Can I ask the obvious: Do you think the mating went well? and if yes have you noticed any changes in Grace such as weigh gain around the middle? I know with Baileys phantoms she does not put on weight but does get very saggy boobs, which then fill with milk. Also have you laid the palm of your hand on her stomach to see if you can feel the slight fluttering of pups moving around?

As for scanning sorry but we live on Tyneside however you could contact Rose Lamb as she lives close(ish) to your area, or have you tried the new BAER hearing test centre in North Yorkshire: Mr P Harris, Riverslea, Mill Lane, Boroughbridge, N Yorks YO51 9LH Tel: 07810 360704.

There is also the mobile option of K9 Scanning, their website states mobile scanning for 20 though have never had to use them but they might be worth a call or email: http://www.k9scanning.k9dwd.com/

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Canavan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sandie - we phoned K9 this afternoon and they do nt offer the service anymore.

She is slightly larger around the girth - she's eating loads too, though! She was never a breakfast person - sorry, dog - but now she comes upstairs and opens our bedroom door and 'asks' us for some food!! Something she's never done before. She's even more loving than she usually is and she's licking her 'bits' more than usual.

Would we be able to 'feel' the pups moving around at 28 days?
donothing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Scanning Reply with quote

Shame about k9, however would you beleive someone offers this service on eBay? though you will need to travel to Derby, they quote 20 in their eBay add: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dog-Bitch-Scan-for-pregnancy-bitch-in-whelp_W0QQitemZ320471345760QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_localservices_petrelated_GL?hash=item4a9d94aa60 / www.caninepregnancyscanning.co.uk they do say in their ad that they cannot scan before 28 days

Re feeling pups: gestation for dogs is about 9 weeks, and if Grace is with pup she is about 4 weeks. To be honest in hind sight you may not feel anything for another week or so, then it would be a firm, but gentle, palm and all you should feel is a slight fluttering. You might even notice a light fluttering across her stomach when she is laying on the floor, which becomes more odvious the further along she gets.

If she is eating more it could be building up a fat store for when she gives birth or it could be bad weather coming your way and she is storing fat for the "lean" period. Also if she is eating more she would put on weight so the extra weightcould be pups or the extra food - sorry

I found this for you: http://www.purina.co.uk/Home/All+About+Dogs/Your+New+Pet+Dog/Pregnancy+and+Birth+Dog/Is+Your+Dog+Pregnant.htm

Last edited by donothing on Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mapplewell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John

I have used a guy called Steve, he comes to your house, needs to be after 4 weeks and close to 5. Hes very good at telling you numbers to. Charges around 40

If Emma hasn't the number, call me tomorrow evening or Sunday and i'll did it out.

No you won't be able to see the puppies move yet, but by 5 weeks you should normally be able to tell but some bitches hide it very well.

Take care
Leanne

www.zyworld.com/mapplewell
Canavan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chap who scanned Grace is a sheep-farmer on the outskirts of York at Green Hammerton. His name is John Barnes 07801954221 or 07851098819.

He's a nice bloke and very thorough - 20 - bargain!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Breeding & Rearing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: