British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TREVOR 2002 (?) - 13.8.2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Obituaries (Dogs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maggi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: TREVOR 2002 (?) - 13.8.2009 Reply with quote

Our lovely Trevor is no more. He was put to sleep in my arms on Thursday morning 13 August to prevent him from suffering.

Trevor came to us in Jan 2007 from the SPA in Avignon. His short life had been fulll of cruelty and unhappiness and he was little more than a bag of bones covered in scars. Despite all he had been through he was the most loving dog anyone could wish to meet and quickly won our hearts and made many friends. He was sweet, kind and obedient and everyone fell for his multiple charms. He soon made a physical recovery and gave us so much pleasure.

Just over a week ago he seemed a little off colour and, fearing a piroplasmois, we took him to the vet for a check up. The vet could discover little wrong with him, but further tests showed that he had been functioning for many years on about 25% kidney function - probably due to untreated illness in his past. Suddenly his poor little body had stopped compensating and our lovely boy was dying. We took him home for a few last days of spoiling, lying on the sofa and sleeping in our room and on Thursday, when he seemed too tired to go on, with aching hearts we let him go with dignity.

We are so sad and Kiri is bereft at the loss of her playmate. Trevor's original French name was Petit Trésor (little treasure). He was our treasure and we wish we could have kept him longer.

RIP our lovely boy - we miss you so.

Love Maggi, Mike and Kiri xxxxx
gillieworm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear this sad news Maggi

RIP Trevor xxxx
Hebemor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear the bad news Maggi, but at least he ended his days with some fun times and plenty of love.

Colin,
sandra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Maggi what a shock the poor baby boy, he was a little treasure and in all our hearts when we heard his story and those of the SPA. Maggi I cannot express how much we feel for you and Mike and wee Kiri. Rest in peace Trevor enveloped in the love and happiness you had in the last years, sleep tight little man Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Love Stewart and Sandra
xx
xx
xx
xx
Blodwen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggi,

I am so sorry to hear this sad, sad news about your beautiful boy, Trevor. What a shock this must have been, coming out of the blue after all you had been through together. What a brave, loving boy he was.

I am glad that he found you, Mike and Kiri and knew happiness and that he was loved.

Sue xx
spottydogs3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to read your e-mail Maggi, we are thinking of you and your family at this sad time.

RIP Trevor.

Heather
Dalregis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Trevor Reply with quote

Maggi and Mike,
I am so sorry to read about Trevor. Crying or Very sad He had a perfect life with you both and his friend Kiri . Very Happy Trevor was such a happy fellow living a perfect life with you. The difference in him from when you adopted him as a bag of bones who couldn't sit down properly to the happy, lively boy bounding up all your stairs had to be seen to be believed.
Rest in peace, dear Trevor
Pat
lina

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
Run free from pain now dear Trevor.
Sue Parkin-Russell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Wonderful Trevor. Reply with quote

Dearest Maggi. I am so sorry for your loss. Trevor was a wonderful dog and such a character who had had the poorest of starts in life.

Long may the happy memories he has given you remain with you and bring a smile to you face when the tears are no more.

You know Ian and I were touched from when we first heard of Trevor's story and thought you a wonderful person for taking him on and helping the ladies that ran the SPA sanctuary.

Sue & Ian.
01635 299353
dogtired

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Trevor Reply with quote

Maggie
I have just read a post from Gill and Sandra on another forum.

I am so sad to hear about Trevor. He stole all our hearts.

Thinking of you and Mike and Kiri

XX
Burley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear about Trevor.
Thankfully he had his years with you as his final ones and you can bet they more than made up for what he'd been through before.

What a shock for you!
My thoughts are with you all.

Run free Petit Tresor - now truly free from your poor broken body.
Heratio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot imagine how sad you must be but understand it wast he best for Trevor. I have not known either you or Trevor but only the other lovely things others have posted of your dedication and commitment to all and the helpful info. Trevor was a lucky dog.
May many others be as lucky as him.x
lottiensaf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Trevor Reply with quote

Hi Maggi
Sorry to hear of the loss of your lovely boy. I know that he would have had the most amazing couple of years with you. Our thoughts are with you.
Darren Simon and the menagerie
Deovolante

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie,
Haven't been on the forum for a while and only just read about Trevor. Bless you and Mike for giving him such a lovely home for the last part of his life. Please give a big hug to Kiri for us, she must miss him loads!
Love Mike & Chris
Jeangenie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggi, I'm so very sorry to hear that poor Trevor's no longer with us. He was a very lucky boy to have you and Mike take him on and restore him to health and give him a life worth living. What a hole he'll have left in all your lives.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Obituaries (Dogs) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: