British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Critique - British Dalmatian Club Open Show May 2nd 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Juniors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deovolante

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Critique - British Dalmatian Club Open Show May 2nd 2009 Reply with quote

BRITISH DALMATIAN CLUB OPEN SHOW
MAY 2nd 2009
JUNIOR HANDLING – JUDGE Mrs Chris Cleland

It was a pleasure to judge the Juniors most of whom seem to have a very good understanding of patterns and how to present their dog, although I would have preferred more definition when showing the teeth. Charlotte Page was a worthy winner overall.

6 – 11 yrs 7 (4A)
1st Abbie Williams Her Dalmatian was quite difficult to handle but she stayed calm and I really liked the way she encouraged it the whole way through. Her shadowing was good although the bitch would not always stand still for her, she carried out her patterns well and had a good understanding of everything asked of her.
2nd Alexandra Adderley, was handling a bitch who really would have been happier to be elsewhere although the handler did not let it upset her which I commend her for. It would perhaps help if she reassured and talked to the dog a little more than she did. Her patterns could be a little sharper but she coped given the circumstances.
3rd Jordan Mercer, struggled a little with the patterns but had nice control of her bitch. She must remember not to put herself between the dog and the judge and also to move around the dog as necessary.
12 – 16 yrs 3 (1A)
1st Charlotte Page 2nd Arron Williams, two excellent handlers, extremely difficult to separate them, Charlotte was just a little sharper particularly when gaiting the dogs together and on the final presentation after taking the dogs around the ring. Both were excellent on shadowing, patterns were expertly carried out and both had a good rapport with their dogs, I particularly liked the way Arron gently reassured his “borrowed” bitch talking softly to her the whole way through.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Juniors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: