British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from me and thoughts from you !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dobermann

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Hello from me and thoughts from you ! Reply with quote

Hi
From me and my boy Very Happy

As you can probably tell my lad Mouse is a Dobermann and I've joined up here for some advice on Dalmations ! I am quite sane really, just a hint of loony Wink

O.k here goes , I am the very proud buddy of my boy and am thinking ahead to next year ish onwards to a new female addition.( No earlier as I am moving and would need to have all settled first) I admit I am besotted with Mouse and honestly feel I could compare another Dobe to him hence I'm looking at other breeds. I know the type I'm after:

.Medium-Large
.Short Haired
.Athletic- Very, very keen walker able to cope with a minimum of 2 hours exercise a day (24/7 unless dog is unwell or other emergency)upto 4 ish hours at weekends AND at a horses pace now and again !
.Suited to a rural life
.Able to get on with other dogs,livestock and cats !

I offer:
.Love, kindness, care, i.e a fair but firm boss Cool
. A great big friendly goon as a mate( he is seriously funny Shocked ) - Mouse not me but this can be arranged !
.I only work a few hours a day
.Big bungalow and garden , right by the sea and rural
. Big comfy beds
. Burns -dog food
. Petplan insurance
. Milbemax/ Stronghold as recommended

As Mouse is an ex welfare dog I really would prefer to offer a home to another older dog in need as long as she has a good possibility of fitting in !

I'm also looking at Weimeraners/ Vizlas but I really do like the look of a Dalmation BUT am more than aware that breed characteristics are paramount to a successful rehome .

Anyway thank you for bearing with me and i hope you do not mind me 'hijacking' your forum

p.s forgot to mention: I really like their smile Razz

Kind Regards
tigerlily

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: doberman Reply with quote

Hi Dobermann
How funny last year i was looking for a dog my two breeds were Doberman first then Dalmatian, the Dobie breeder i was due to have a pup off only had two puppies in her litter (i was fifth on the list) so i saw Dalmatian pups for sale so i went and bought one, she is very friendly and has a few Dobie friends she plays with, she is only 8 1/2 months but she can keep up with the Dobies its great to see them run and play fight. We are thinking about getting a Doberman when she is a bit older i know the two breeds are quite alike because i read books on both breeds. They are both bouncy and stubbern and very active. Good Luck let me know what you decide
Dalregis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Dobermann and Dalmatians Reply with quote

Welcome to the wonderful world of Dalmatian owners.
I'm sure that you will get plenty of advice here on this forum about all sorts of Dalmatian subjects. You mention that you would like to consider an older dog. Can I suggest that, when the time comes, you contact the Dalmatian Welfare? ( details elsewhere on this site). Welfare always are looking for suitable homes for Dalmatians who, for no fault of their own need a permanent, loving home.
Good luck!
Pat
Dobermann

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All

TigerLily, that is a coincidence !
They are both very attractive breeds and I'm getting the feedback that dallies and dobes share 'silly' personalities too Laughing My belief is in lots of exercise, games and fun in general tempered with black and white rules-pardon the pun Wink - not too many , just the basics to be sociable towards all. My dogs are my mates , we have to respect each other and I give them no reason to dis-trust me.

Pat
I will call welfare when the time is right.
As I said we are moving very shortly- to one of the Islands- so need to get us all settled before considering our new girl.

Kind Regards to all, thank you for your thoughts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: