British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dalmatian appropriate dog food

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Health Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASHLEiiGHx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Dalmatian appropriate dog food Reply with quote

Hi guys Smile
So I have been reading a lot about Dalmatians diet etc and I would just like to ask if any of use could help recommend a brand of good dog food and also a cheaper brand as well (maybe one from super markets?). My dal is roughly 8years old as we rescued her when she was around 4! thanks for reading/commenting!

Ashleigh x
fiona2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi a lot of owners on here raw feed but make sure research first as purine levels in dallies needs monitoring and I think a few owners feed chappie
wendymitchell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having always had dogs (including a previous dalmation) I could feed anything to, I've plumped for James Wellbeloved dry food for our dalmation pup. After a lot of experimentation, she's been on it since she was 6 months (she's now 10 months). I tried Pets at Home own brand, and Chappie, but find James Wellbeloved the best. It's worth paying the extra, especially if your dog has a sensitive tum, just for peace of mind. Good Luck!
sandra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

What do you currently feed and is there a particular reason you are looking to change? I have fed JWB fish and rice, Skinners salmon and rice and I changed to raw in October. I prefer Chappie dry kibble as it suits both my dogs, my girl is a stone former. I used Royal Canin 22 but her PH didnt level out.

If you need any advice let us all know there will be someone on here who will be able to assist whatever your question Very Happy

Sandra
x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Health Matters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: