British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PAB

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

Hi

My name is Pauline I have a 2 1/2 yr old black/white dali, I got her from the Dalmatian Welfare when she was 9mths.

We live at New Inn Pontypool, if there is anyone out there that has a dali that would like to meet and become friends, or walking companions. I walk Poppy twice a day, 7.30am and any time after 2pm. mostly around Goytre canal distance approx 6mls.

We have also a caravan in Newgale Pembrokeshire using the beach and would like to know any good open fields to walk.

Hope to hear from anyone soon,

Pauline (PAB)
Spotalot

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I'm not in your area I'm afraid but look forward to hearing all about Poppy x
PAB

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Poppy Reply with quote

Thank you for replying its a shame that you are not in my area. At the moment we are in Newgale Pembrokeshire.

Poppy just loves it here running through the sand and splashing in the sea, the beach is approx 2 1/2 mls long, there is a lovely walk through fields/woods that the Pembrokeshire National Park has opened.

She is good at recall, but when she is on a mission she becomes deaf. She is a scavenger and bins are her delight I carry a pair of marigold gloves to tidy up after her !!!!

You replied to my query concerning Poppy eating her own faeces, she never eats any other dog only her own.

Thank you for your reply to my query its good to know that you have support if required.

Pauline/Poppy
Spotalot

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds beautiful, she's a lucky girl.

There may be some others along that are in your area...maybe do another post...along the lines of....anyone in the Newgate area?

The forum is very quiet these days. I think maybe some of the facebook pages are taking over sadly.

If Poppy is only eating her own poo, I wonder if a change of food might help.
Maggi

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome. Sorry not in your part of the world to share walks - Caper would be delighted if we were!

For the poo eating it may help to put pineapple on her dinner. Strange but true!
PAB

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have tried pineapple, but no luck, what I tend to do is use a muzzle until I think she has done all toiletries, then take it off, but she always leaves a bit for later.

I have been on the web and found some tablets called Coprophgia have you tried or heard of them before.

regards,

Pauline/Poppy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Wales All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: