British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Canada & U S A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scrubs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: USA Reply with quote

Anyone else from North America?!
Jacki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Yes there are a few of us here Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't been reading much of the lists lately. I am also on the P & O Dalm list, but as with here, just haven't been checking lately.

Where the hair sticks to everything BUT the dogs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DeltaForce

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: I know you guys haven't replied in awhile... Reply with quote

Hey guys, I just joined. I noticed you haven't replied here since 2008, but I thought I'd give it a try. Lol I'm from Ohio too. I recently got my second dalmatian, Delta, a little over two months ago. She's about 4 1/2 months old. Her breeder is from around Cleveland, Ohio. My previous dalmatian was put down in May due to cancer. She was only 9 years old. I was given to her by a previous owner because one of their dogs died and they were too old to care for her.

Just thought I'd say hi!
mimran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i`m from North Carolina. it gets REALLY cold in the winter. Dalmatian still need their walks though. How long is too long for a Dalmatian to be outside in the cold? And what is too cold for a Dalmatian to be out? Anyways to check to see if my Dalmatian is too cold even if he doesn't act cold? I know Dalmatian lose heat from their pads and tongue, but how do I check to keep them warm in the winter?
Maggi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really cold is OK so long as they are adult and running about. I've lived in Southern France in the mountains and sometimes it was -15C - which is about as cold as I could manage myself. Dalmatians were absolutley fine going for normal walks (up to an hour) although I did put coats on them when they were old (11+). This cold winter in Uk my boy has been on his normal walks every day. Couple of hours a day. I feel the cold more than him. Coat only goes on if he has to sit about (for example at training) when he is running about he is fine.

If colder than that you might want to consider boots as well as coats. The important thing is that after the walk they are dried and then indoors in the warm. A dalmatian could not live outside in the cold and would not want to be left outside in the garden all day.
Tim Lockett

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If ours are going out just for exercise then I don't think a time scale is relevant, as they will out endure anything a human can do. However if ours are coming out feeding the chickens or helping with the mucking out over the stable's once again like humans it is only right to dress for the occasion and activity.

You will get lot's of experience here but you could always do a double check with people who keep them in similar conditions to you.

http://www.thedcp.org/

Here are my wimpy spots dressed to thrill.

LaRen616

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from Northern Illinois! Very Happy

Sinister Black ~ "The Prince of Darkness" 5.5 year old black male GSD 3.11.09
Draven ~ "Dakota's Unbreakable Vow" 16 month old male Dalmatian 6.30.13

Cats: Chaos, Mayhem, Monster, Wicked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Canada & U S A All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: