British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spotless and looking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emmakay391

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Spotless and looking Reply with quote

Hi Smile
Im Emma and i live with my partner Rick. We own a dalmatian cross called Duke who is coming up 5 yrs.

I always knew i wanted a second dog but it was just waiting for the right time.
We had the money before but we both were working too many hours to take on a pup. At the beginning of the year i got a job working only 12 hours a week which means we are now in a position to take on a new pup.
Of course we have decided on a dalmatian. I love my dalmatian cross and all his dally ways. We compete in flyball with him so the new pup would also be trained for this once old enough Smile

I will be working lots of overtime at xmas and so we are thinking spring/summer next year. It will give me time to save up too.

Just thought i would share a funny little story with you all.
Whilst walking Duke up to the field we were talking about getting a pup.

I really want a dalmatian i said, Rick pointed at Duke and said but you have one there. (Duke is a dally cross!)
No that ones a fake hes not a dalmatian

Just as i said that Duke launched for a piece of bread on the path and gobbled it into his mouth as fast as possible, we both rolled our eyes and just as we turned to keep walking heard a big clonk.
Duke had swung his head round from looking for more bread and hit it into a lampost straight in front of him.
....I laughed and said yeah actually your right we do have a dalmatian!
Spotalot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Emma, Rick and Duke and welcome,
Thanks for sharing that funny story, it made me chuckle and certainly sounds like a Dally.
Would love to see some photos of Duke...he can be a honorary spot....we have several on here. Very Happy
Homeless

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love your post, and yes agree would love to see pictures of Duke.

Here is a link to my girl training up for starters tournament , first One up.
And as you can see by Her size. Possibly a cross. Lol.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_5RQy-i8ST0ci1KZDFPRlROaGM/preview?pli=1

Laughing Laughing
Emmakay391

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw that videos great! I have to say ive not seen many dallys doing flyball round here. Its taken Duke a few years to be able to race in professional because he has alot of issues with being nervous of people. We have finally got there though!

I will try and make a post with some Dukey pictures Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: