British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fun Day 23rd June
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Welfare
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maggi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come anyway and take her home a party bag - you can trot Poppy round if you feel the need of a dog!
Ann99

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flekk asked me to tell everyone what a fantastic day he had to-day, at the Welfare Fun Day. He had so much fun, meeting so many Dalmatians! He especially liked Cassie Laughing Laughing

And I’d like to say that we had a very enjoyable day too; the food was excellent and the events were fun. It was lovely, too, to meet so many people and put faces to names.

Well done to the Welfare team for all their hard work in organising such a lovely day.
fred22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well tell me a bit more Ann, do. The KissCasses, the SpotaLots, the Maggi's? What are they like in real life? And who else did you meet there?
Ann99

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing All of them!! We met Mr. & Mrs. Maggi and Caper and Poppy; Mr. & Mrs. Spotalot and Daisy; Mr. & Mrs. Kisscass, Cassie and Alfred the Great; Blodwen and Dylan; Tim and Dimmers, Cuba and Louis. Flekk loved them all but he did seem to flirt rather more with Cassie than anyone else Laughing I can report that they are all lovely - humans and dogs!

There were loads of dogs there, Dalmatians and others. At one corner of the field there were quite a few Dalmatians off lead, running around and playing like mad things - so lovely to see.

I took a few photos and will post some of them soon.

p.s. Forgot to say that we saw Jabbadal too! But we see her each week at training, so we didn't 'meet' her to-day Very Happy She gave a very good demonstration of obedience training!
Spotalot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was great to meet you Ann and Kenny and Flekk.........well I could have brought him home....so handsome.
Lovely to meet everyone today, all dogs were fantastic as always.

Daisy says thank you Maggi for her yummy cake......sorry we couldnt find you to say goodbye.

Thanks for all your hard work everyone
Very Happy
Ann99

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Spotalot, I read your post out to Kenny and he thought you meant you would like to take him home!

I gently pointed out that it was obvious you meant Flekk because Flekk is far more handsome than Kenny Laughing Laughing
Maggi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a lovely time too. Caper is very slightly miffed as Flekk has been sniffing round his girlfriend, so he is quite pleased he preferred Cassie. It was lovely to see so many forumites and their dogs as well as all the wonderful Welfare dgs and their owners.

Every last crumb of the Caper Cakes and Poppy Puppy Cakes disappeared. The shop, the tombola, the raffle and the food all appeared to be selling like hot cakes, literally. Kisscass ran an excellent photo competition. Litlle Poppy got her Bronze Good Citizen on the day - Jabbadal worked extremely hard doing he demonstration and giving tips and she had 11 dogs took their exam on the day. I was too busy to get near the agility but have had a sneak preview of Flekk strutting his stuff. He (Flekk) is very handsome - though Kenny's not bad either - and as Ann99 is too modest to boast I'll do it for her and tell you that after 3 weeks of Jabbadal's classes Flakk has qualified for Crufts 2014. Thgis accolade obviously qualified him to take home his very own Caper Cake!!

Tim was bravely there with all three of his Welfare dogs who behaved impeccably. Poor Dimmers is much maligned because he is a dear sweet boy and only a little dim Laughing

SpottySue was there for the carriage dog people and the committee worked so very, very hard to make it a lovely day. At the end of the long day they were all still happy and smiling and I'm sure that Anne will be along soon to let us all know how much money was raised for the excellent cause.
Spotalot

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann99 wrote:
Laughing Laughing Spotalot, I read your post out to Kenny and he thought you meant you would like to take him home!

I gently pointed out that it was obvious you meant Flekk because Flekk is far more handsome than Kenny Laughing Laughing

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Yes I spotted it read a bit like that but thought Id leave it anyway as Kenny was lovely too Laughing Rolling Eyes
spottydogs3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it was a great day, shame we missed it. It is the first one I think that we haven't managed to get to but we hope to be there next year. I hope lots of money was raised for welfare.

Heather
Louis & Sophie
spottysue

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lovely day, as always. It is so good to see so many Welfare dogs and meet the people they own. The food was excellent and Maggi's Caper cakes went down a storm with the dogs too! I brought some home as well as the low purine treats, for my two who really enjoyed them. The new venue was perfect and easy to get to. Thank you to the organisers for all the hard work that went into making the day such a success and I am already looking forward to next year!
Anne Gurnsey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well on the day we took over £1300 which is our best yet. Of course we have to take out all our costs from this but we will still clear at least £800. It was a new venue so a learning curve for us all and we had nightmares when we arrived and discovered they had just put down a plain mid blue carpet in the "café" since we did our initial visit!!! We vacuumed it afterwards as best we could.

The rain held off despite the forecast so we didn't need to retreat to the big hall at all. I had a fantastic time but then I always do because most of the day is spent meeting Welfare dogs that I have been involved with. We all wear labels and all day owners are coming up saying "Are you Anne". I always have a soft spot for the dogs whose owners have died or are ill and have to give up their precious dog. In that category Freckles, Billy, Boo and Wilson were my special ones this time. They had all been cared for by friends, family or neighbours and left alone or kept outside until we could find them a home.

Of course I invariably recognize the dog not the adopter but no-one seems to mind. It was good to see Nina Byles there (with the tiny Chinese Crested pup) . She did five years as co-ordinator all on her own until around 2007 and it was a great pleasure to introduce her to some dogs she had rehomed all that time ago.

Maggi's cakes looked great and the low purine biscuits seemed to fly off the stall. By the time I was ready to buy they had all gone. Thank you all for coming and all the helpers too.
Jeangenie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to next year!
Anne Gurnsey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First batch of pictures are on our website now plus the results of the photo competition
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Welfare All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: