British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DallieFaith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Hi all Reply with quote

Hi all
Have just signed up to the forum
We have a 8 month old Dalmation called faith, she's liver spotted, havent had any problems with her so far, and wouldn't be without her. The 3 children think the world of her and she as soft as they come. The only thing we have found is she never barks....still plenty of time for that
Dalregis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: never barks Reply with quote

welcome to the Dalmatian world ! I'm sure that you will find us very helpful if you have any queries.

Our Dalmatian ( Lara) never barks. She just says " come in, help yourself" when anybody comes to the door. Strangers passing by down our lane( dead end and paradise for walkers - with, or without dogs) are greeted by lots of jumping up the fence and an ever-wagging tail.
We have come to the conclusion that she is no way a guard dog!.
If we go out and leave her behind we have to programme the intruder alarm with "C"(for dog!) to ignore where she has access to.
Some guard dog !!!
The only time that she is vocal is when she detects that there are foxes down our paddock. One night she was in the paddock ( doing what what all dogs do!) when we saw a fox approach her from behind. He was within 5 yards of Lara when he gave out a distinctive bark and was about to attack when she turned and gave chase - what she would have done if she had caught him we will never know. It hasn't prevented the foxes hunting every night but we now make sure that Lara isn't allowed in that paddock after sunset. I would hate her to be attacked by a hungry fox!
Pat
icklenellz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, my dally doesn't bark unless she needs to. You will probably find that your one will bark when she gets older but you should think yourself lucky that you don't have a noisy dog! but they aren't a noisy breed. Cassie is two this week and is now very wary and barks at people knocking at the door and if she hears noises from outside, so Lara will probably become more of a gaurd dog when she matures a little
Dalregis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Never barks Reply with quote

"You will probably find that your one will bark when she gets older "

Lara is now 3 and a half years old !

Last edited by Dalregis on Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
icklenellz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops sorry that was a typo, the message was aimed at faith, got names mixed up, i do apologise for the inconvienience caused
DallieFaith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We arent complaining , but as this is our first dal wondered if if was a trait, thank you for yor replies. she makes up for not barking in so many ways, we have never seen such a loving breed, Faith will do anything just to sit on your knee
tigerlily

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Barking Reply with quote

Hi Dalliefaith,
Welcolme, I have a nine month old liver spotted called Coco she only barks now and again but she does howl a lot, she starts of with a few gruffs then she goes into howl mode which is a bit erie i can tell you, i wonder sometimes what my neighbours think as she sticks her head out of the cat flap to do it.

Enjoy the forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: