British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any recommendations for a 2 dog friendly cottage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> North East
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waldendals

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Any recommendations for a 2 dog friendly cottage? Reply with quote

Hi All,

Can any one recommend a cottage in/near the North Yorkshire moors for 2 dogs with an enclosed garden and near a village/pub?
milkhillcottage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I can certainly recommend Linden Tree House in Carlton Miniott just outside Thirsk - a good gateway to the moors.

http://visitlindentree.co.uk/

We stayed there last January and they are very pet friendly. The accommodation can be fully self catering and/or on a b&b basis. They have a living/kitchen area with a separate bedroom and spacious for the price. definately room for 2 dogs because we had our dogs bed and her crate with us!

The owners are very friendly as well - they even offered to look in on Holly when we thought we may have to leave her there for a couple of hours on her own (hence the crate and we had pre requested this), though in the end did not need it.

The pub up the road (the Dog and Gun I think) is also pet friendly.

The one downside is that the accommodation does not have a fenced off garden. It is a row of about 5/6 units. However we did not find this a problem because there are several places within a short walk to let the dog off lead and also take them for their first thing/late night piddle!

The owners have dogs so are very happy to advise!

Hope this helps.

Regards

Karen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> North East All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: