British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adopting outside UK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Welfare
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ilse23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Adopting outside UK Reply with quote

I have a rather general question. I hope to adopt another dalmatian in the future. Can I apply for 1 with dalmatian Welfare even though I live in Belgium?

I see that dalmatian welfare always has a large number of dogs available. I would also be looking for a liver male or female dalmatian and that is quite rare to find adoptable.
Dalregis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Adopting Reply with quote

I have Maggi staying with me and she tells me "there is no reason that someone cannot adopt from other countries. Naturally the person would need to contact Welfare and probably subject to a home check (the BDC has members in Belgium) there is a donation required for rescue dogs and obviously any new adopter would need to be prepared to collect the dog and sort out passport etc. The most important thing is to find the right home for the dog." Good luck in your search. There are also rwescue dogs available in France - you could contact Maggi about this once she is back home next week'
Anne Gurnsey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been exchanging Emails with an English lady who lives in France and has one rescue dalmatian already and has asked the same question. With Maggi's help we hope she will be able to find a dalmatian in France but if not she will come back to us. As with adopters in the UK we would have to arrange a home check and she has already said she would travel to the UK to pick up her new dog.

We have done it before and have also helped people to adopt in germany via one of our contacts there, The only place we have had to turn down is the Falkland islands as there are very stricyt ri=ules on importing livestockand they have to go by boat not fly - much too far.
Ilse23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for this answer. i'm very pleased with it. Smile

The day I decide to adopt another dalmatian, I will have a look at all websites in Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands and the UK.
Anne Gurnsey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And ask people from here for an introduction. The love of dalmatians is world wide and so are our contacts
Maggi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dalmatiensansfamille.fr/

14 spotty darlings currently awaiting adoption on this site in France
IslandGirl

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
14 spotty darlings currently awaiting adoption on this site in France

Oh Maggi - you are really putting temptation my way - France is a lot easier to get to from here! Very Happy and with the easing up of the pet passports I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to bring one over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Welfare All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: