British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How often do puppies come into rescue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Welfare
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyrd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: How often do puppies come into rescue? Reply with quote

How often to Dalmatian pups tend to come up for re-homing in rescues?

Nags Equestrian -Handmade beta biothane synthetic bridles and dog equipment to your requirements.
donothing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Referrals Reply with quote

I do not know that answer but I have just sent two emails, one to the seller and one to the website with the ad, recommending a referral to Welfare, the ad is for "Dalmatain with her four pups 1400, no offers" the pups in the picture do not have spots so can only be a week or so old
Anne Gurnsey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thywe answer is very rarely. I remember last year homing two pups who were about 16 weeks old and the breeder couldn't sell them. They were bnot from a Dalmatian Club member just someone who thought it wourl d be nice to have a litter. Usually theyoungest we get is around 8 months,
donothing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Welfare Reply with quote

Anne would it be possible to have the contact numbers for Dalmatian Welfare added to the Welfare page from this site ( http://www.britishdalmatianclub.org.uk/welfare/ ) there are no numbers mentioned, and no contact details. I used logic and scrolled down to the http://www.dalmatianwelfare.co.uk/ where the information can be found, though at my age bigger writing would have been good Embarassed and perhaps the contact telephone numbers could be more prominent and underlined or a different colour so they stand out? I know I am being a pain but if I had to scroll down to the link for this information I wonder how many would not?

Question Also, well there has to be an also, is there any chance of a seminar for Dalmatian Welfare? For example what Welfare does, what is needed to be a foster carer, how to complete a home assessment, what questions to ask, what support to offer / is offered? I would love to do more for Welfare than donate money / items for fund raising and buy the diary but have no idea of what is needed, and would be petrified to do a home assessment without knowing what I was doing this would also be good for new breeders so they have an understanding of what a good home might be, and what a good owner / carer might be. Personally I would be happy to pay for this, and I am sure I am not the only one, perhaps it could be opened up to assorted other rescue centres for teaching staff more about the breed and what to be aware of, and information about what is myth "they are all deaf?" and the facts. Thanks.
Anne Gurnsey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll ask the webmaster whether the phone numbers can be there and bigger. Obviously it is not our site so can only ask.

AS to a seminar the main problem would be the distances involved. However we do give fairly detailed briefings to the people who home check or dog assess for us and also have pretty lenghty data collection forms. I know that Amy who was our adoption co-ordiantor earlier in the year said she wished she had done the job BEFORE she had a litter as she wuld have been so much more aware of what to look for. We often suggest that people accompany a more experienced assessor on their first time too.

Will you be at the BDC Club Show in November (buying a show diary)? If so Perhaps we could find time to have a good gas.
donothing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: November Show Reply with quote

Hi Anne, Thanks for that. I hope to be at the November show, I am waiting to see what Bailey looks like after her having her recent litter (do I enter one or two dogs?) - though currently apart from the baggy boobs better than before, and of course I wil lbe at Driffield with Phinias. Take care Sandie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Welfare All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: