British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

showing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Shows & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Candy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: showing Reply with quote

Hi guys

I have wanted to show for a long time, I have shown my cat but have always wanted to show my Dally. However when i never got her paperwork like i should have then I took that it was never meant to be.

however, I will be looking at getting myself another dally soon as we lost our older dog (greyhound rescue) not too long ago. and this time I will be making sure she has paperwork so we can show. I would like to get to a couple of shows close by to get a feel for it. But i have NO idea where to start.

As much as i would love to go to as many shows as i can currently with family and work right now i am limited to the more local ones.

I have no idea about the dog show world, what a dally can enter, or where they are in the south on the UK. While there i will be hoping to find a breeder to be put on a waiting list for my next Dally. Candy my current Dalmatian is not taking very well to now bing an only Dog and is whinning a lot. Extra walks, and extra playtimes can only last so long and i'm worried for her as well.

So all help would be greatful.
Spotalot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there.
Sorry I can't help but just wanted to say so sorry for the loss of your greyhound Crying or Very sad
They are lovely dogs, my sister has several Shocked all rescues.
There will be lots on here to help you Laughing
Candy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you

She was a wonderful girl and reach a good 14 years. Sadly her back legs gave out on her and she was whinning in pain all the time (for the evening and the night it happened). So we did the best thing we could do for her we pts the next day. She went to sleep in my arms with all the love i could give her.

It has Hit the Dally as hard as i thought it would. she grew up with the greyhound and has never been on her own. Breaks my heart to see her like it.
Maggi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Candy and welcome. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your greyhound.

Even though your current dalmatian isn't registered there is nothing at all to prevent you taking her along to ringcraft classes and learning how to show a dog. You can also show her at Companion Dog Shows which are fun shows for pet dogs, usually at the local recreation ground or similar. You can also attend Open or Championship shows as a spectator though you can't take your dog.

You don't say in your profile where you are - perhaps if you tell us whereabouts in the country you are one of our local members can help.
donothing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Showing Reply with quote

I have sent you a PM.

As Maggie says there is no reason why you cannot attend Ring Craft,and show at Companion shows as they are for all, and have classes at most shows for non-KC registered dogs.

If you are planning another pup there is no reason why if you go to an Accredited Breeder / Dalmatian Club Member you cannot ask if the breeder will sponsor you to join one of the UK clubs (answering your other post).

Sorry to hear about the lost of your greyhound. Before you consider another pup how old is your current Dal? If she is young two Dals can be a handful. Where do you live as there may be member on here who you can meet up with.

By the way where do you exercise your Dalmatian? I personally find that if we go for an hour street walking (that sounds awful but you know what I mean) then Bailey and Phin are still full of life, and far to energetic to them or me any good, but an hour on the beach they get home and sleep for hours.
Candy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies.

Candy is 4. And i am very lucky i leave in a stone throw from a farmers field where we are allowed to dog walk when he hasn't got his cows in it. secure too!

Not that i let her off lead when there are other dogs around scares me to much. but she runs there for ages and I horse ride so she comes out on hacks too and has been around horses since she was 8 weeks old. At one point i was the joke of the yard having a dalmatian and a black and white gypsy cob. they asked if i was going to get a jumper to match my pets! lol

I am in the South, (wiltshire) for people that are close enough by.

oh i haven't got a pm?

Last edited by Candy on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flygirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Candy,

Here are a few links which may give you the dates of shows.

http://www.fossedata.co.uk/
http://www.dog.biz/
http://www.britishdalmatianclub.org.uk/shows/

I believe Jabberdal is based in Wiltshire. I am sure she would be willing to help you.

Liz

www.elizabethsampsonpiano.co.uk
www.dalstorm.co.uk
www.nuadalseurope.co.uk
http://tyrodal-nuagene.blogspot.com/
Candy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Flygirl.

By the way i was having a nosy at your site and your Spotties are stunning xx
Spotalot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandie sent the pm to me by mistake Laughing
I have told her so I'm sure she will re send it later.
Flygirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candy wrote:
Thank you Flygirl.

By the way i was having a nosy at your site and your Spotties are stunning xx

Thank you! Smile We think so, but we're slightly biassed!! Smile

www.elizabethsampsonpiano.co.uk
www.dalstorm.co.uk
www.nuadalseurope.co.uk
http://tyrodal-nuagene.blogspot.com/
Anne Gurnsey

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ride and have a dalmatian but can't show her why not get in touch with the Carriage Dog people. I am sure you don't need papers for that as some of the dogs there are from Welfare where our rules are if it looks like a dalmatian it is a dalmatian. They are a really friendly crowd, run training sessions and are always looking for helpers and new recruits. You could also meet people there who would sponsor you fro BDC membership. good Luck
bryedal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Show Reply with quote

Also you can look at the "Puppy List" under "Ownership" at the top of the page. Might be some in your area Very Happy
These are bred my members of the Dalmatian Clubs so you won't have any problems with not getting registration papers Smile
You can also contact the District Rep for your area too. Look under "Club Info".
Liz
jabbadal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SALISBURY & SOUTH WILTS CANINE SOCIETY
Mr M Burke,
96 Netherhampton Rd.
West Hamham,
Salisbury, Wiltshire,
SP2 8LZ.
Tel: 01722 325519

it might be worth ringing this club up and seeing if they do ringcraft in your area.
Westbury & District Canine Society also hold ringcraft class which is a little more north for you. If you want the details i can pass them on.

In the meantime, if you would like to go to a few shows locally, then firstly BATH Championship show is on at the end of May and entrance for spectators is free. Dalmatians are on on Monday 30th May, where you will see lots of Dalmatians and be able to talk to alot of Damatian owners and breeders.

Also if you are free, Chippenham & DCS is holding an Open show at , the Equestrian Centre, Holt, Nr Melksham (BA14 6QT) this sunday - 3rd April.
judging starts at 9.30am and Dalmatians should be on late morning-ish, but might be earlier!

If you require any further info, then please do not hesitate to PM me and I can let you know what is happening in Wiltshire and the surrounding area.

Best wishes,

http://www.zyworld.com/jabbawockdalmatians
Candy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jabbadal.

The Salisbury one has a open show about 10 minutes walk from me in August. Only problem I had is the put and O rather than an A in dalmatian Rolling Eyes LOL

Sadly I can't make the weekend unless I make hubby change some plans, we will see i might make it!

I'm all excited now! I will try and get to the bath one. Just have to remember not to book the days in for photo shoots.

THanks you so much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Shows & Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: