British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Somerset

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
g3mee1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Hello from Somerset Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I became a member of the site a few months ago so I thought now would be a good time to introduce myself Smile My name is Gemma, I live in Somerset with my gorgeous 2 year old Dally Cooper. I have always had dogs around me and until Cooper had always had Labradors.Whilst working for BMW a customer of mine came in with her two dallies, I thought they were absolutely beautiful and immediately I set about finding out as much as I could about the breed. A couple of weeks later the customer contacted me and mentioned that her vet's family where looking for a home for the last of their litter of Dallies, a boy who was 11 weeks old. That weekend my partner and I went to see him, totally nervous and secretly hoping he would be 'the one' we walked into the farmhouse kitchen and two bouncy puppies charged towards us, the bigger of the two pushed the smaller puppy out of the way and headed straight for me as I bent down he jumped up onto my lap and kissed my nose, that was my boy! and my partner knew from the look on my face that he was coming home with us Very Happy The past couple of years have been fantastic, Cooper is a real mummy's boy and loves nothing more than cuddling up on the sofa with me and watching tv. He is such a character and makes us laugh so much with his 'dally ways'. We have been on a learning curve though and anyone considering having a dally needs to think very carefully before introducing one into their lives, they are like having children and need a lot of time, love and attention. Cooper's sister is due to have a litter in the summer next year, we are going to have one of the puppies and can't wait to go through it all again. Cooper will be pleased too after losing his playmate a couple of months ago when our lab was put to sleep. I am now a big Dally fan and will be for a very long time! Very Happy
granardal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the site. It's great to hear from someone who has become hooked on this breed and appears to have survived through the "male teenage" stage which can be quite a challenge to the newcomer. Shocked You must be very exciting awaiting your new arrival!
Let's see some pics soon!

Gill
g3mee1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your message Gill Smile It was certainly tough at times but he is like a little angel now, well most of the time! Wink I will post some pics of him on the site. Yes I am very excited awaiting my arrival, a little girl will certainly complete our family and I can't wait to see them snuggle up together for the first time Wink
jabbadal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, the home of chedder cheese and of course 'scrumpy cider'!!!

Welcome to the site, and I hope you find the forum of use and also a great way to chat to other Dally owners.

We only live in Wiltshire, so not too far away. Laughing

I look forward to seeing some photos of him, and of course your new baby when she arrives.

The very best for the future with them both, he will love the company again!!

Jabbadal

http://www.zyworld.com/jabbawockdalmatians
g3mee1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi-ya Very Happy

Have added some pics of Cooper to the Member's photos section, what a cutie pie!

Gemma
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: