British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shows In The Area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Midlands
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dexter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Shows In The Area Reply with quote

Hello,
I am the proud new mum of a cheeky little dalmation called Dexter who is now 14 weeks old. I am new to dalmations and to this forum but i have really enjoyed reading about all the stories and antics other dally owners and their dogs get up to. Also i have found the tips and advise really usefull and the forum members really helpfull and friendly.
So i was wondering if i could ask a question if anybody would be able to help me. While i enduered the long wait for my boy to be born and then the next long wait before i could collect him and finally bring him home i went along to a few dalmation shows and browsed web sites such as this one to satisfy my dalmation cravings. I decided that showing would be something i would like to have a go at, and i know that Dexter would love it as he has already proven to be a prancy show off who loves all the attention and fuss he gets. I am looking forward to us enjoying days together out at shows and having something to aim for and achieve together. The trouble is i have seen on this site the forthcoming champ shows but i would like to start of a bit smaller to begin with. I dont want to throw us in the deep end to soon. I was hoping to go along to some smaller maybe open shows in the area so as it is not to far to travel to soon either. I dont know where to go to find out about any shows that maybe being held in the Midlands and when and where they are. If any body would be able to tell me how i go about finding this out or if they know of any i would really appreciate it. I am looking to start february/ march time all being well.
Thank you.
bryedal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: Open Shows Reply with quote

Hi Dexter
If you order one of the weekly dog papers, either Dog World or Our Dogs from your News Agent, you'll find shows of all kinds listed in them, in all areas. You'll need to find a good Ringcraft Training Club, to take him to as well, so you can both learn what you'll need to do, when you enter your first Show.
Good luck and we hope to meet you both in the New Year.
Liz
Dexter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Liz,
I will certainly do that and pop to the newsagents. I am planning to go to ringraft near me too. Im looking forward to it. Hope to see you soon.
Jessica x
Caldecacre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Open Shows Reply with quote

Hiya Dexter Wink
I am sure you will enjoy your days out at shows with your lovely young boy. When you start at ringcraft you may find that they will have a few schedules there for Open shows in your area.
Another great place to find out about Open Shows and the numbers to call for schedules is a site called Pro Dogs.
Here is the link;
www.prodogs.co.uk

Hope you have lots of fun,

Louise xx[/url]
hutchy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a link to to help you find training classes local to yourselves, the hard part is finding classes near you at a time that you can actually make, but then thats probably down to my stupid working hours Wink
Good luck
http://www.dogclub.co.uk/regions/index.php
Dexter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
Thanks Louise, Hutchy and Liz for your help on this one. I have penciled in some dates in my calender for next year. I took him for his first day at school last night an obedience class so we can work towards the puppy certificate, he absolutley loved it.
When we arrived there were all these fluffy puppies in there and then my Dexter bowles in bold as brass. When he was meeting the other puppies his ears were pricked forward and he was clubbing the pups round the head with his huge paws trying to play. He doesnt realise how much it hurts he has caught me a few times with them. Then as we were walking round in the circle he thought it was like being at a buffet and hoovering up all the treats off the floor that the people in front had dropped, a bit of sausage, a bit of cheese, a bit of liver, biscuit crumbs, he had a great time. And as a result i have found some one there who goes to a ringcraft not far away so i am taking him along to that too next week. Our first time in the ring seems a long way off we have such a lot of work to do. But we'll get there and have lots of fun along the way.
If anybody does know of any open shows coming up in the midlands if they posted the information on here it would be helpfull and we could all keep informed then. It would also be good to hear any results and success stories or even funny stories from the shows, from people in the midlands.
Thanks Again
Jessica x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Midlands All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: