British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any trials in/around Shropshire/Mid Wales?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Carriage Dog Trials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deovolante

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wyrd
Just thought it worth a mention, we were holidaying in Oswestry in May and it took about an hour fifteen minutes to get to Lincomb Farm, so hopefully we will see you there.
Chris Cleland
Hon Secretary
British Carriage Dog Society
Anne Dickens

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: National trials Reply with quote

And just a last bit of encouragement Karen - last year Jude and her dog Brenna came along on the Sunday after the trials to see what it was all about.
Brenna 'had a go' with my little pony and carriage. Jude and Brenna found a local driver to practice with and entered in this year's trials Smile

Anne
milkhillcottage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this message is not too late because I guess you are all now in the midst of preparation to set off. But - just to say am definately able to come up on Sunday to have a go wth Holly at both the carriage driving and also the decathlon event - that's if any one will have us on their team!!!

Just a quick thought - if and I say if their is any likelyhood of these events being cancelled (eg weather etc) is there anyway I would be able to find out before we set off? - as it is a bit of a drive away.

Regards

Karen
Wyrd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper and I went to the Nationals on Saturday and had a lovely time Very Happy He got plenty of attention and met some new spotty friends.

We would have stayed longer but I took him back to the car for a drink and he fell asleep on the grass, I watched 2 competitors and then we took him home, he slept all the way back and most of the afternoon bless him Laughing
bryedal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Trials Reply with quote

I was really hoping to come on Sunday but our Saturday visitors decided to stay the night Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Sounds like it was very enjoyable Razz
Liz
Anne Dickens

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Nationals Reply with quote

Hi All

WE have just arrived back from this year's trials which were a were another fabulous weekend at the beautiful Lincomb Farm. The best bit was the Dalmatian decathlon on Sunday morning organised by Alison Burgess where numerous teams of dogs worked their way round a series of challenging & hilarious exercises to beat the other teams. Sabotage was rife & screaming was compulsory (at least on my part)!

This was preceded by instinct tests for people who had come specially to test out their dogs - with thanks to John Mapleden & Donna Simmons for taking the lovely Axle out again in his carriage to enable this to happen.

The trials themselves were also a great success with the usual combination of delight & disappointment from the owners of the 20 entered dogs.

The Championships & Grooms Award are now only winnable from the gold classes & this year for the first time there is no Road or Carriage Dog champion, though the Groom's Award was won from the Gold Groom Handler Carriage Dog class.

Once again the landowners did us proud with a stunning course including a section of incredible canal side ride/drive - albeit 250 or so feet below!
Full results will be posted on the web site this evening & I will post a link here.

In the meantime I would like to congratulate the main organisers Chris & Mike Cleland & their Committee colleagues & helpers for a thoroughly enjoyable weekend.

Anne Dickens
milkhillcottage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Well we made it on Sunday for the instinct test. Holly seemed to really enjoy herself. I do recommend to any one that has a chance to have a go and try this out. The support and advice was great and all the dogs seemed to really enjoy it.

As to the Dali decathlon well!!! I am still not 100% sure what the objective was (suspect there was none) only to say Holly loved this! All I can say is that if there had been an xray machine at the end of it to check the contents of each dogs stomach then Holly would have been streets ahead in the competition for the dal that managed to snaffle the most treats hiding around the tasks. Recall went totally out of the window to me, however her recall was superb to the bag of biscuits that obviously kept calling her back after we had finished that task. Whatever we were supposed to be doing she kept running back to it!

Pity I missed the Saturday but could not really do both days. Will have to have a go at training on the bike now to see if I have a future carriage dog competitor on my hands.

Many thanks to all those who gave up their time on the Sunday to organise the tests.

Regards

Karen
Anne Dickens

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Nationals Reply with quote

Hello again All

Results from the National Carriage Dog Trials are now on the web site www.carriagedog.org/index.php?title=Results

Pictures will follow asap. Meanwhile these may be viewed (and purchased) from www.equinepix.co.uk (hit the events tab).

Anne Dickens

PS Including some cute pics of playing pups - Cooper and friends?
Wyrd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes playing puppies are Cooper and Madge Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Carriage Dog Trials All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: