British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Butchers Great North Dog Walk 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> North East
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donothing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Butchers Great North Dog Walk 2010 Reply with quote

This years Butchers Great North Dog Walk in South Shields (It is where the Great North Run Ends on the Leas) will take place on Sunday 13th June 2010 - the walk starts at 10am and you can register on the day, however because of the set up you can start walking anytime during the day.

This is the Guinness World Record holder dog walk and very enjoyable (17,427 dogs / 169 breeds) - I did the longer walk last year which took me about 40 minutes, however I confess I spent a small fortune on all the different dog charity stands before the walk even started.

More info can be found at: http://www.cooksondogwalk.co.uk/about.htm

We were offered cans of dog food as our prize for finishing, these we donated back to the local shelters. I admit this was a great morning out, and living in Shields we knew of a very good pub on the beach where we had lunch before another walk and ice creams.
Dalamanti

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like fun! If I weren't planning 'mummy duty' in May & June I would come down & join you. Smile
Born to be owned by spotties.
Alnwick, Northumberland.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> North East All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: