British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi To all..........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
missdotty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Hi To all.......... Reply with quote

Just thought I'd say hi, we are the proud ( and of course slighty frazzled!)
owners, or perhaps thats the other way round, of 2 dal's one liver 13 month old girl called Amber & have fairly recently aquired a boy of about the same age ( don't know for sure his correct age) called Jasper who we got as a tricolour but within a few weeks and a bath seems to have become full liver! I'd like to add what a great site this is........ Razz Razz
ODDBALL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: LEMON SPOTS!!! Reply with quote

Shocked HELLO EVERYONE! MY names kat (ODDBALL) and my 11 month old puppy is called ODDBALL!! He cam e as an almost all white puppy at 12 wks of age and developed into a lemon spotted dal. he is the most adorable dog and my new best mate. can anyone tell me if they have one and can you breed from this colour or is this a fault? i'd also like any hints fr a good diet as he''s coming off of a puppy brand.
any help welcome! Very Happy
ODDBALL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: hello lottie Reply with quote

kat here from kent in the south east of england. i have an 11 mth old dal. a lemon spot boy called oddball. love to chat dals with you! Laughing
saclegg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Hi to all Reply with quote

Hello Oddball Kat!
It isn't advisable to breed from a lemon spotted dalmatian as the colour is not acceptable by the standard and he would pass the lemon gene onto his offspring. Each breed has a standard which is set and upheld by the breed clubs and the Kennel Club. If you buy a good book on the Dalmatian you should find a copy of the Dalmatian standard in it. I'm surprised it isn't on this website......
I live in France and we try to conform to the F.C.I. standard as do all European countries with the exception of the U.K. Lemons are "not allowed" by the FCI standard either. Personally I think this is a great pity as they are very pretty and after all English setters and other breeds related to the dalmatian allow lemon spotting. At least Oddball will not be aware of this colour prejudice so continue to enjoy him.
As for a good diet - there is a lot elsewhere on this forum- answers to suit all tastes and life-styles. Try a search.
Sally.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Breed Description Reply with quote

The description of the Dalmatian appears in the "shows" section of this website.

As regards coat colour the description is as follows:-

Colour & Markings
Ground colour pure white. Black spotted having dense black spots; liver spotted having liver brown spots; not running together but round and well defined. In size, one pence to fifty pence piece. Spots as well distributed as possible. Spots on extremities smaller than those on the body. Patches, tri-colour and lemon spots highly undesirable. Bronzing on spots undesirable in adults.

As Sally has said, it would be inappropriate to breed from a Dalmatian with incorrect markings as they will be passed on.
saclegg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Hi to all..... Reply with quote

Apologies Paul! I thought there must be a description somewhere but when I did a search using "dalmatian description" nothing came up- I didn't think to look under shows! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: