British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insurance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dogtired

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Insurance Reply with quote

Was asking for some opinions...Please
I have been insured with PetPlan the premiums have just gone up considerably.
I have looked at Direct Line and for the same as I am paying for one dog I can get two insured by them.
I have always been with Pet - plan so before I change, has any one anything to say, good or bad about Direct Line. The excess is higher but daughters employer meets that as her discount so not a problem.

Opinions would be welcomed Thanks.
Flygirl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had mine insured with Halifax pet insurance. The cover is very good, I think better than Petplan and they payed up promptly the one time I had to claim. Premiums are reasonabale with a good discount on the second dog, but the excess has gone up this year.

www.elizabethsampsonpiano.co.uk
www.dalstorm.co.uk
www.nuadalseurope.co.uk
http://tyrodal-nuagene.blogspot.com/
Rhiannan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with More Than for all my pets, Bailey is about 25 a month I think for the best cover they do.
And the cats are around 25 for the both of them.

I've never had to claim so not sure what they are like with that. Although you have to pay 10% of the vet bill and they cover the rest.
donothing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: Insurance Reply with quote

I am with Direct Line as they were the only company that did longer term payouts if required and I could get a much higher level of insurance - so far we have not had any problems, in fact there was a cheque from them today for Bailey's Antirobe that I got from the vets two weeks ago. Despite having made several claims the premium did not go up this year.

My only wish is that had I known they were an RBS Group company I would have got darling daughter to take out the insurance to get her staff discount, lol.
Dalregis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Insurance Reply with quote

Lara is insured with M&S. They paid her vets bill in the past when she ripped her flank on some wire.
I had to kennel her recently when I was in hospital. M&S paid all of her kennelling bills Laughing
Their cover is lifetime for continuing conditions - something some companies with lower premiums " forget" to tell you Surprised
Nicki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have just swoped Holly to Argos they have a good review & life cover 7k a year. They also do discounts for more than one pet but we are stuck with Banjos as no one will insure him well except for anything he dosent already have wrong with him Rolling Eyes just dont go with pet-insurance.co.uk they are E&L & so slow however they do pay out eventually Very Happy

Banjoliers PA & Faithful Follower
PyscoFalcon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same is insured with Animal Freinds Insurance.
He's entire and accident prone and eats everything and had many payouts lol.

I pay 14.95 a month for him and excess is 49

The only problem is that he's had that many ops before insured him due to eating stuff that he's not covered for digestive disorders - silly pup.

BUT if there's nothing wrong with them before you take insureance out then they cover you.
dogtired

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Insurance Reply with quote

donothing wrote:
I am with Direct Line as they were the only company that did longer term payouts if required and I could get a much higher level of insurance - so far we have not had any problems, in fact there was a cheque from them today for Bailey's Antirobe that I got from the vets two weeks ago. Despite having made several claims the premium did not go up this year.

My only wish is that had I known they were an RBS Group company I would have got darling daughter to take out the insurance to get her staff discount, lol.

Pet Plan offer discount to Veterinary Staff which is why we went with them initially.. But the discount is only 20% and if I am paying well over the odds it is of no benefit any way. DD is checking to see if Direct do a discount at all..with PP you have a code to use.
Who underwrite Animal Friends
Jeangenie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Insurance Reply with quote

dogtired wrote:

Animal Friends are underwritten by Red Sands, which is part of the Hollard Group from South Africa.
dogtired

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Insurance Reply with quote

Jeangenie wrote:
dogtired wrote:

Animal Friends are underwritten by Red Sands, which is part of the Hollard Group from South Africa.

Thanks
Deovolante

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are with Greenbee (John Lewis) very good so far.......
lucy&mabel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We originally had Mabel and Molly insured with Pet Plan but when he got Bungle they wanted an extra 30 a month to insure him (we were already paying them 55 and had only ever claimed once for Molly 100 on blood tests in nearly 3 years of paying premiums)
A friend recomended Direct Line and we moved Mabel along with Bugle to them (we made the choice not to move Molly as that would have resulted in her dust allergy not being covered,which as you can imagine is difficult to control) we now pay 25 a month for both Dallies with the same level of cover for vetinary bills as we had with Petplan - we have never claimed but i have only heard good things about them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: