British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi I'm Em

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Em

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Hi I'm Em Reply with quote

Hi, new user here just wanting to introduce myself. I have not long gotten my gorgeous puppy dog Toby and can't wait to get another dalmatian!!! Although my partner is making me wait at least a few months first....very wise considering Toby is so active....one at a time and build up slowly!
Jules

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya
& Welcome aboard ! Very Happy
How old is your Toby ? We have 3 dals all of simalar age, i think its much better to have a bigger gap between otherwise you miss out with the first dog once another comes along.
Although i wouldnt be without ours, a bigger age gap would have been a lot better, specially when they all get to the silly teenage stage at the same time !!! Wink
Jules & the spots xxx
spottydogs3

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Em and welcome to the forum.

I agree with Jules and we also have three dalmatians. As tempting as it is if you have two puppies together they are much more difficult to train, you would be best to wait until Toby is grown up before introducing another puppy.

Enjoy the forum.

Heather
Lara, Oliver and Louis
shandrydan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Em and welcome. Very Happy
Speaking from sad experience, if all your dogs are a similar age, then you are likely to lose them all within a short space of time. Better to have a couple of years between each of them, then the oldies can teach the young ones manners, and the young ones give the oldies a new lease of life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: