British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New user & info required please.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pipkin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: New user & info required please. Reply with quote

Hi all out there,

I have a fantastic one yr old B/W female 'Pepper', who we had from 8weeks old we love her to bits and having a great time with her, (never a dull moment) even the cat has resigned himself to the fact that shes staying!! Laughing I am desperate to have another puppy to add to the family fun, and would be interested to know if anyone has a views if now is a good time or to wait till Pepper is abit older.??

went to last years 'Fun day' when Pepper was just 14 weeks old and had a great time, look forward to this years events

Paula[/img]
Dalregis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: New puppy Reply with quote

Paula,
Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Fun day last year. We are all keeping our fingers crossed for fine weather this year Exclamation

I personally would suggest that you wait for a little while before taking in another puppy. Pepper is still a baby and why not enjoy her puppyhood before taking on another livewire Question Question

Other Dalmatian owners might not agree with me but I think that, if you space them out you won't suddenly come to the stage where they are both " oldies". Over the years we have always allowed at least 3 years between each dog - only having a litter when we intended to keep a puppy. In this way we have never been in the situation where we have too many dogs all of a similar age.
Pat
pipkin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: new puppy Reply with quote

Hi Pat

many thanks for your reply, I guess you're right. I suppose we are just getting carried away with the fact that we are enjoying having Pepper so much that we wanted to add more, ( I would have a house full given half the chance, though i'm not sure how sane I would be Shocked )

Paula
ascottie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome!

I absolutely agree to leave it a few years. We love our dally to bits and would love another. However when they get to a year - 18 months they really do step up another gear! You thnk they are a live wire now - tee hee, just wait! In fact mine is now standing on the chair next to me whinging and whining that I am not giving him any attention!

Anne-Marie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: