British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi Y'all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Appennine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Hi Y'all Reply with quote

Hi,
Thought I did just drop in and say Hello Very Happy
Congratulations to the BDC and especially Paul on setting up such a great web site.......well done!!
To give you a brief introduction...........I am the LOOPY LASS FAE SCOTLAND Razz who's Dally daft!!!!
It's my mother's fault really, she got the first spotted hooligan in 1969, the year before I was born. My parents went their seperate ways when I was 5 but to this day they still have Dalmatians each, my mother is currently on her forth!
At present I own and love 6 Dalmatians and 2 hairy bog rats otherwise known as Miniture wirehaired Dachshunds. My spotted family at present consist of "Fury" 8 years, "Toffee" nearly 2 years, Murphy 18months, Betty 20 months and Lola and Angel 5 months. As many of you know I use to have Otis my first homebred Dally who would have been 4 this summer but who was tragically killed at 19 months Crying or Very sad . Loosing him was the hardest thing to go through but thanks to my good friends in the Dalmatian world and emersing myself in more spotties, the sun has come out to shine again!! Wink
Well that all for now
Cya
dalkiss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: The Loopier the better? Reply with quote

Welcome on board Claire and thanks for sharing a little about yourself with us. You are in good company here - I think we must all exhibit various degrees of loopiness Exclamation

I hope you find the forum useful and have lots to say Shocked

We want to keep it friendly and informal but serious when needed. Wink
flackalacka

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Claire,

Its getting bigger all the time, and addictive too.

Lovely to see you here

Flackalacka
MOLLY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Claire!

On a slightly different subject do you find your Dachunds get hurt with the dallies flying around Question I want one and Ian is frightened they will get hurt and he has put is foot down on this basis - no pressure but my future happiness depends on your answer:cry:

Karen
Dalregis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen,
I don't know about Dacshunds but when we had 2 Border Terriers( now both sadly passed away) they were inseperable from the Dallies and always enjoyed thier companionship, to the extent of sharing beds. I know of quite a few folks who keep 2 breeds( one large and one small) without any problems at all.
Pat
dalehouse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Clair,

Its good to have another member on the forum to chat to. Who would have thought that the sophisticated, quiet girl I have often seen at the shows was as loopy as the rest of us. Wink hurray.

Re. the big dogs with little dogs note. My 6 Dals (plus other visiting Dals) mix and play very happily with my Toy Poodles. In fact the poodles are very much the boss and can get away with murder, even sharing the same food bowl. When they all run out in the garden the Dalmatians show great retraint in the way they play with the little ones, and only occasionally a younger Dal will bowl them over when running around. The poodles seem to cope with it all very well and love to play chase.
So don't be put off by the size difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: