British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Young Kennell club?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Juniors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jodie*Essex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Young Kennell club? Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone else is a member?
Jodie*Essex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am btw!!
Tessa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: YKC Reply with quote

Hi,

Both My childeran are members of the YKC Katie-louise (10) and Kieran(8 well almost) Smile

Tessa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jabbadal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: YKC Reply with quote

Hi,

My partner's daughter 'Chloe' is also a member, and has found it to be extremely good with alot of activities planned etc.
She did try to do some handling classes with her springer spaniel but soon came running back to the Dalmatians, as they are so much better behaved!!!! Laughing

Jabbadal

http://www.zyworld.com/jabbawockdalmatians
Jodie*Essex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only just joined, it seems weird being a member of a junior club at 21 years old!
I just thought it would be a good way to possibley meet other young people who are also into dogs etc..
I just hope there is other members closer to my age!!
I can imagine the competition is fierce, kids can be so ruthless Twisted Evil
jabbadal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: YKC Reply with quote

Hi,

Chloe just joined this year, she is 16.
We all have to say that so far all the other kids and their parents have been extremely helpful and supportive.
Alot of the very experienced kids have taken time out to encourage her and congratulate her if she has done well, and she is now really looking forward to doing more.

Hopefully we may see you having a go at the adult handling classes, in the future? Laughing

When you start attending training class and some shows you should start to make alot of new friends. The great thing about dog shows is it attracts all sorts of ages, from all different ways of life.

Jabbadal

http://www.zyworld.com/jabbawockdalmatians
Winflash

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my kids are members I originally joined as it works out cheaper to join that pay for entry to crufts Rolling Eyes

Since then though Charlotte has qualifed to take Tigger in the YKC stakes judged on the dog and has now started doing the handling classes. She had her greatest success at Belfast when she came 4th out of a class where people had dogs who behaved Exclamation We were really pleased for her.

I actually think it is quite good and actually gets younger people interested. The down side is that she it sometimes clashes with the breed classes which means Charlotte pesters Shocked

Karen
Bemore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sons Nicholas and Jonathan have been members of the YKC since they were old enough to join, they are 16 and 19 years old. Very Happy
Although neither of them do very much showing anymore they are however involed in helping out at Crufts every year. Jonathan is Stewarding this year for the kennel club for the first time, he has stewarded many times before for the YKC. Nicholas has helped out for a few years being a runner for the BBC which he enjoyed even though it is quite hard work trying to get to all the halls and back to the main ring intime for the results to get them announced in the group ring. Very Happy
Jonathan has also been on an Outward Bound Course last year and had a great time. He has also attended other events organised with the handling of dogs in a small competition. Smile

He also has many friends which he has met whilst showing dogs (He will show any dog he can get his hands on) and I am sure he remain friends for many years, if he is not with me at shows people always ask where he is. Very Happy

I would recommed all youngsters that enjoy being with there parents showing dogs to have a go at handling and join the YKC. Wink

From

Beverley Morley Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Juniors All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: